PG Music Home
This just started about a week ago. A window opens before I play a song and when I close the song out. It says "Drum kit has no bass note assigned". I close that and a new one opens and says " …….no snare note assigned". I close that one and a new window opens and says …...no closed hi hat note assigned" and a final window that says ".....no open high hat note assigned" How do I fix this? I have never used any of this before and don't know what it is. 2020 version BIAB

Thanks Bill Mollenhauer
Hi,

This should be fixed by closing Band-in-a-Box and deleting the file MySetup.dk from the bb\Preferences folder.
Andrew,

That didn't do it. What's next.

Bill Mollenhauer
Andrew this appears to be the fix.

Bill Mollenhauer

Bill,

The midi settings are corrupt or lost in the program.

Press both the control and E keys (Ctrl + E) at same time to open the Preferences window.

Select the "MIDI Driver" button on the top row of buttons to open the "MIDI/Audio Drivers Setup" window.

What is listed will depend on what midi devices you have. For example, if you have a keyboard attached you will see the keyboard listed under input and output drivers.

IF you have a midi keyboard then select it as the MIDI Input, otherwise use the default of "No MIDI driver".

Select the keyboard "MIDI Output Driver" or the default "Microsoft GS Wavetable Synth".

Now things get tricky because there are multiple choices.

You can use the Microsoft GS Wavetable synth or one of the soft synths PG Music provides or:

If you want to use a soft synth, enable (check) the "Use VST/DXi Synth" checkbox.

PG Music provides two soft synths: Coyote WT for 32 bit operating systems and VSTSynthFont64 for 64 bit operating systems. You are welcome to select another soft synth if you have one. I use TTS-1 from Cakewalk by BandLab so that's why you see it in the screen shot.

Jim Fogle
© PG Music Forums