PG Music Home
Posted By: Pipeline Re: Problem with MIDI File Export - 07/04/20 08:01 PM
I opened the SGU and saved to midi icon or F6

Attached File
Test_Song_02.MID  (2 downloads)
Attached picture BB-Save-Midi-Chord-Output.png
Attached picture BB-ChordOutput.png
Posted By: fiddler2007 Re: Problem with MIDI File Export - 07/05/20 03:38 AM
I always use the 2 bar ch9 intro too, and found that often in Cubase the tempo is wrong on the first beat, adjusting that in the Tempotrack at the spot fixes it.

For importing MIDI into Cubase switch "import markers" to on; location: preferences - midi - midifile
Posted By: Pipeline Re: Problem with MIDI File Export - 07/05/20 05:26 PM
Edit > Song Form > Unfold
MID button
Set Range
1 (set to -1 to include count-in bars)

Attached picture BB-Set-Range-Midi-Export.png
Posted By: sj1 Re: Problem with MIDI File Export - 07/06/20 07:28 AM
Fascinating! Thanks, Pipeline!

Yup, that does let me export a clean start to the .MID file.

Heck if I understand what's going on though ...

I mean I see the unfolding into a long flat structure, but I still don't understand -

1. Why didn't I get a clean start in the export in the first place? (many files do, this one didn't)

2. Why won't a "whole song" export on the unfolded version start clean?

3. Why does a partial range export (beginning at 1) give a different result for the original file vs. the unfolded version?

4. Is there anything I can do to remake the file to eliminate the problem?

Is there logic to this that can be understood? Or must we simply remember and accept the work-around as a practical thing we can do to get the result w/o understanding why?
Posted By: Pipeline Re: Problem with MIDI File Export - 07/06/20 09:03 AM
Un-checking the Include 2 bar lead-in should work but it's not so I reported it as a bug and ask for a drag button to export the BB Chord Output track midi and have it so it will include the lead-in bars if no bars are selected in the chord sheet or export the selected bars, so if all bars are selected it will export the whole song less the lead-in, or if just 4 bars then 4 bars only.
Posted By: sj1 Re: Problem with MIDI File Export - 07/06/20 09:26 AM
Originally Posted By: Pipeline
Un-checking the Include 2 bar lead-in should work but it's not so I reported it as a bug

OK, great, thanks!

I would add that the bulk export operation needs to be considered always. So, I would think that including the lead-in or not needs to be/remain an option setting so that the user can have that either way as desired without having to intervene on a one-by-one basis.

Offhand, I'd think the same logic should apply to the drag-it-out case. IOW, some users will want the drag-it-out to always include the lead-in by default, and other users will want the drag-it-out to always NOT include the lead-in by default. Hence, a remembered option setting rather than a hard-wired default behavior seems desirable.

Thanks again for your assistance!
Posted By: sj1 Re: Problem with MIDI File Export - 07/06/20 09:28 AM
But I still don't get why some files have the "extra two bars in front" problem and some do not!

I hope PGM can investigate that to the point of it being understood (and then dealt with!). <g>
© PG Music Forums