PG Music Home
Posted By: berntd Upgrade to Ultra? Should I do it? - 07/04/20 06:51 PM
I have a special offer to go from Mega to Ultra.

Should I do it?

Will it cost more every year to upgrade?
Will it have better styles for jazz and traditionsl jazz?

Any other advantages?

I am hesitant as I am unhappy with the lack of support.
Posted By: Rustyspoon# Re: Upgrade to Ultra? Should I do it? - 07/04/20 08:40 PM
berntd,
It is about the content. Program is the same. With exception for add-ons Ultra is one of the most complete packages.It has much (Much!) more Real tracks and Real Drums than Mega. So if you have a special offer that is reasonable, consider it!

As far as yearly upgrades go, usually, PG runs sales toward the end of the year, but there are no set dates. I believe, you are not required to upgrade specifically to Ultra pack to Ultra pack each year, you can buy the most basic version, just to upgrade the software and get some Real Tracks (but not as many as you would upgrading yearly Ultra Pack to Ultrapack)

So if you upgrade now to Ultra pack, you will not lose the content if you upgrade to basic version 2021. But of course you might like it enough to upgrade Ultra to Ultra smile

----------------
Support... Well... Forum is actually better at that because you can get
answers from both users and PG folks. Community is well organized and helpful. Usually you get a response in a matter of couple of hours. In most cases software is stable, so once you set it up right it should not give you issues.

PS.Not trying to shield PG Customer support, I do believe that it could improve smile
Posted By: Jim Fogle Re: Upgrade to Ultra? Should I do it? - 07/04/20 09:27 PM
Once your at the UltraPAK stage PG Music has an UltraPAK to UltraPAK upgrade called the PlusPAK. The PlusPAK maintains your UltraPAK at the UltraPAK content level by providing the new programs and whatever content is added to the UltraPAK for that year. +++ PlusPAK +++

You have to answer what's best for you. If you value content and frequently get frustrated by running into N/A when using the StylePicker or RealTracks picker then the UltraPAK is the most economical way to get current and the PlusPAK is the most economical way to remain current thereafter.
Posted By: Bob Calver Re: Upgrade to Ultra? Should I do it? - 07/05/20 12:14 PM
simple answer is yes. even though you may not think you need some styles (all modern jazz sounds like music you hear in a lift to me!) you never know how listening to a style or genre you never used before gives you new ideas.

and once you've upgraded the pluspak every year keeps you up to date at a modest cost

i only use a fraction of what BIAB can do but just occasionally thinking out of the box (sorry!)i try something new and my horizons expand

i even bought all the pluspaks and loop paks too.....
© PG Music Forums