PG Music Home
Posted By: Gregg Miller Copied BIAB 2011 from Win 7 to Win 10 - 07/05/20 04:56 PM
I've got it working with all the files under the bb/ directory as before, though relocated some of my song files (before and after) to different song directories.

Question is on the new machine whether the song is in bb/ directory, or another directory some have sound and some don't and either way, if I try to change a style, it's not finding the style.

I'm hoping there's maybe a setting or 2 that will fix this w/o me having to buy BIAB again.

TIA, Gregg
I’m not sure of the solution here. I need more detail. But the good news is that a poster last week confirmed even BIAB 2009! works in Windows 10.

I can also assure you that the file locations did not change until BIAB 2018 (and they provided a converter called Cleanup).

Give PG Music Support a call tomorrow.
Hi Matt, thanks for the response. I called pgmusic to find that the MIDI Driver for BIAB 2011 isn't readily available, if at all anymore. So rather than spending several hours more trying to get it to work, I went ahead and bought/installed the 2020 basic version.

Thanks again for your help,

Gregg
I’m puzzled by that answer, but you made a wise choice
Sorry Matt, I didn't necessarily mean the MIDI drivers weren't available at all. The tech I was talking with was working from home and didn't have access to drivers for BIAB 2011. It was suggested I email PGMusic that the drivers weren't available online.

I'd already spent more hours on this than I wanted and simply decided to go ahead get the current version.

Thanks again for trying to help, I'm happy that I upgraded,
Gregg
© PG Music Forums