PG Music Home
Posted By: sixchannel How to PULL 1/8th a SINGLE Instrument?? - 07/06/20 12:23 PM
Hi All
In this EV8 tune, the SAX is meant to play the third note in the bar, pulled an eighth.
Using "Chord Settings" I can get the Pull 1/8th OK but even though I've selected SAX only to be pulled, ALL the tracks pull. I only ant the SAX pulling, all others follow tempo.
Screenshot attached. I have amended Bars 5 - 9 only so far to see what would happen. confused
What trick have I missed? Probably blush
Bests
Ian

Attached picture Bars 5 - 9.jpg
Posted By: Noel96 Re: How to PULL 1/8th a SINGLE Instrument?? - 07/06/20 12:42 PM
Hi Ian,

Which track is the sax on? Bass, drums, piano, strings, guitar, melody or soloist?

Regards,
Noel
Posted By: jford Re: How to PULL 1/8th a SINGLE Instrument?? - 07/06/20 12:57 PM
You can't push (which you called a pull) a single instrument. You can rest, hold, or shot a single instrument, but the chord push (using the caret to push the chord an 8th beat early) applies to all the instruments.

A workaround is to freeze all the other instruments (which I assume you want to play on the beat) by not using the caret, generating the arrangement to your satisfaction, then freezing those other tracks, then adding the carets back in and generating the sax track (which should then honor the pushes, but the frozen tracks staying as is). Hope that made sense.
Hi Noel
the Sax is an RT and is in track 5 position - see pic.

Hi John
Thats a good workround. Many Thanks. Yes - its called a PUSH but I always think of it as PULLING the note forward so it sort of just slipped out. lol.
Bests
Ian

Attached picture SAX-TRACK 5.jpg
© PG Music Forums