PG Music Home
Posted By: paulpaul reinstalling extra paks/49 paks - 07/10/20 12:41 AM
hello

i am reinstalling all my extra paks/49 paks and all the applications that dont install with main bb program from earlier biab.

after reinstalling should i also reinstall the latest update for bb

thanks.
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: reinstalling extra paks/49 paks - 07/10/20 01:50 AM
Originally Posted By: paulpaul
hello

i am reinstalling all my extra paks/49 paks and all the applications that dont install with main bb program from earlier biab.

after reinstalling should i also reinstall the latest update for bb

thanks.

I would be inclined to do this the other way around. Install the latest update for BiaB and then install all of the layered products.
Posted By: paulpaul Re: reinstalling extra paks/49 paks - 07/10/20 01:58 AM
thanks video track

im running latest update so i should be ok then.
ta.
For the most part it probably wouldn't make much difference, however I would actually suggest installing the latest update patch as the last thing you do... in case there's an older file that needs to be updated.
Posted By: paulpaul Re: reinstalling extra paks/49 paks - 07/10/20 03:59 AM
thanks Andrew
Acknowledged.
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: reinstalling extra paks/49 paks - 07/10/20 05:06 AM
Originally Posted By: Andrew - PG Music
For the most part it probably wouldn't make much difference, however I would actually suggest installing the latest update patch as the last thing you do... in case there's an older file that needs to be updated.

Hi Andrew

Thanks for the clarification. I wonder if there is a workflow procedure available for this?

My thought was that later paks ought not be installed that an earlier version did not have support for, as the earlier version would not understand their existence or have the functionality to use them.
Posted By: fiddler2007 Re: reinstalling extra paks/49 paks - 07/14/20 03:28 AM
Installing the latest last is what i'd do, for reasons Andrew suggested ....
Just in case you miss some touristic BIAB sideskip from the past.
Maybe in Aussieland though mankind has a better view as they tend too look from a different angle living upside down?
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: reinstalling extra paks/49 paks - 07/14/20 04:33 AM
Originally Posted By: fiddler2007
Maybe in Aussieland though mankind has a better view as they tend too look from a different angle living upside down?

Quite the opposite. Here's our view of the situation grin grin wink

Attached picture 2020-07-14_17-31-56.jpg
© PG Music Forums