PG Music Home
Posted By: mmccarrell MIDI won't play. - 07/13/20 10:47 AM
I use reaper. My VST's always play any MIDI with no problems except for BAIB. Any BAIB midi I drop on a track is silent and doesn't play. The notes are there. The meters go up and down. But no sound. Any idea what's wrong?
Posted By: MarioD Re: MIDI won't play. - 07/13/20 10:59 AM
Originally Posted By: mmccarrell
I use reaper. My VST's always play any MIDI with no problems except for BAIB. Any BAIB midi I drop on a track is silent and doesn't play. The notes are there. The meters go up and down. But no sound. Any idea what's wrong?

My guess is that you do not have a sound assigned to the track.
When I bring BiaB MIDI tracks I they come over with no VSTi attached to them, that's the way I like it, thus I have to assign a VSTi to each track.

I hope this helps.
Posted By: DrDan Re: MIDI won't play. - 07/13/20 11:17 AM
We just had a discussion regarding this. You may also need to adjust the octave since BIAB may place its midi in a lower octave (C1 - C2) when the VST is looking at (C3 - C4). Unfortunately, I don't believe the prior discussion indicated a resolution by the OP.

welcome to the forum
Posted By: DrDan Re: MIDI won't play. - 07/13/20 11:31 AM
Oh, and just in case you are questioning BIAB midi to Reaper? Rest assured it will work great once you get it configured properly.
Posted By: Andrew - PG Music Re: MIDI won't play. - 07/13/20 03:23 PM
Quote:

It will be helpful for you to describe how you are getting the MIDI tracks / files from Band-in-a-Box to Reaper, as there are several different ways this can be done.

Also, what synth are you trying to use to play the MIDI tracks?
© PG Music Forums