PG Music Home
Posted By: musicpro30 Lyrics from tag overwriting first verse - 07/14/20 04:04 PM
Long time user—-have had this problem in multiple versions of BIAB
When writing lyrics on a tag ending it overwrites the lyrics on the first verse as well. If I re write lyrics on first verse it puts them on the tag ending
Hard to make a decent lead sheet if I have to write in lyrics by hand
Any suggestions?

Also, since I posted this in the wrong forum——how can you get BIAB to properly display eighth note triplets? Again a long time problem across multiple versions of BIAB. I used to fix it by increasing start times from 40 to 43 or 44, but that isn’t working now. Small thing but it leads to inaccurate notation in a lead sheet
Thanks
Skip
Posted By: Dave Re: Lyrics from tag overwriting first verse - 07/14/20 05:53 PM
For the lyric problem - are yo in Fake Sheet? Is the problem with the printed lyric, or the screen version?

Triplets work best with swing styles. You can change the way an even style looks using the print options . There is an check box for Show Triplets.
Posted By: Noel96 Re: Lyrics from tag overwriting first verse - 07/14/20 08:12 PM
Regarding the lyrics: Similar problems have have to meet occasionally, too.

I've found that if you save the song (I use a new name so as not to overwrite the previous file), exit and restart BIAB, the problem is resolved.

When this doesn't solve the problem, it's necessary to enter the lyrics again. I haven't yet been able to track down why BIAB does this. That's something I'm working on.

My plan of attack these days...

1. Enter some lyrics, save song.

2. Save song with new name so I can get back to the original.

3. Enter some more lyrics, save song.

Keep on repeating 2 and 3 above until the lyrics are all entered. Then if there is a mishap, I can get back to an earlier version of the song and only have 8 bars or so lyrics that I need to re-enter.

Regards,
Noel
© PG Music Forums