PG Music Home
Posted By: Bernard Rasson Harmonies on chorus only ? - 08/20/20 07:44 AM
Hello all,
I would like to put a single instrument (let's say piano) for the verse's melody and an harmonised part for the chorus melody; is it possible to achieve that in biab itself ? the song is not finished (I'm writing the lyrics now) so there will be a lot of melody rewriting until the notes and the lyrics match
thanks in advance,
Bernard
Posted By: Noel96 Re: Harmonies on chorus only ? - 08/20/20 08:07 AM
Hi Bernard,

If you are writing a melody using the notation editor, then the melody will be MIDI.With such a melody, it's possible to bring harmony in and out as you wish.

To do this...

1. right click on the bar you want the harmony to enter

2. select "Bar Settings" (F5 is the shortcut key)

3. down the bottom of the Bar Settings window, you'll see the options for harmony. (Note: harmony THRU is if you have an external midi instrument attached to BIAB and the melody is playing through that instrument.)

You will need to repeat the above process at the bar where you want the harmony to end.

Regards,
Noel

Attached picture bar settings - harmony.jpg
Posted By: Bernard Rasson Re: Harmonies on chorus only ? - 08/20/20 01:42 PM

thank you so much Noel !
best regards,
Bernard
Posted By: Bernard Rasson Re: Harmonies on chorus only ? - 08/20/20 01:50 PM
Oh, one more question: how do you change your signature ? my hardware and software have somewhat changed since my last post
thanks in advance,
Bernard
(I am not really a newbie, I have used BIAB on an Atari almost 28 years ago, but I do make big pauses, sometimes several years when I want to write instead of making music)
so I do forget lots of things
thanks in advance,
Bernard
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: Harmonies on chorus only ? - 08/20/20 05:20 PM
Originally Posted By: Bernard Rasson
Oh, one more question: how do you change your signature ? my hardware and software have somewhat changed since my last post...

Like this (it's at the bottom of the form):

Attached picture 2020-08-21_6-19-11.jpg
Posted By: Bernard Rasson Re: Harmonies on chorus only ? - 08/22/20 01:52 AM
thank you very much, VideoTrack
have a nice weekend
Bernard
© PG Music Forums