PG Music Home
Hi,

I created a chord progression in BIAB. It sounds fine when I play it in BIAB.

I dragged the file to my desk top. Then I played it out and it has one pop at measure 15. I fixed it with Melodyne as best I know how. It is still not 100% but not too bad.

Why is this happening to begin with and how can I prevent it?

Thanks,

Billy

EDIT...After a redo no pops...Have no idea!!
Originally Posted By: Planobilly
Hi,

I dragged the file to my desk top. Then I played it out and it has one pop at measure 15. I fixed it with Melodyne as best I know how. It is still not 100% but not too bad.

Thanks,

Billy

One good possibility was Windows running a CPU-intensive background task the first time you did it, but not the second.
Originally Posted By: TheMaartian
Hi,

Thanks,

Billy

One good possibility was Windows running a CPU-intensive background task the first time you did it, but not the second.

Thanks, I assume anything is possible. Nothing I do runs the CPU very hard. Intel i7 with 32 gigs of ram.

This happens from time to time. If I can just reload the file it is not a big deal.

I also use Studio One 5.1 but it is pretty new to me. Moved from Sonar after Gibson screwed it up. Not sure Gibson has done anything right after 1958...lol

As you are a Studio One 5.1 user perhaps you can tell me how to not get a small pop when you loop a track. The pop happens when the loop returns to zero.

Thanks,

Billy
Hi,

Thanks,

Billy

Thanks, I assume anything is possible. Nothing I do runs the CPU very hard. Intel i7 with 32 gigs of ram.

This happens from time to time. If I can just reload the file it is not a big deal.

I also use Studio One 5.1 but it is pretty new to me. Moved from Sonar after Gibson screwed it up. Not sure Gibson has done anything right after 1958...lol

As you are a Studio One 5.1 user perhaps you can tell me how to not get a small pop when you loop a track. The pop happens when the loop returns to zero.

Thanks,

Billy

Ah, could be a zero-crossing issue. Do the loop points begin and end at zero-crossing?

How long is the loop? How many bars?

I'll try a few things.
Yes, the pop is at zero.

Perhaps 20 bars.
I'm not getting any pops with what I'm trying. Can you send me your Studio One song file (via Dropbox or whatever you have) that's causing the problems so I can try it on my setup?
I'm not getting any pops with what I'm trying. Can you send me your Studio One song file (via Dropbox or whatever you have) that's causing the problems so I can try it on my setup?

Hi,

Sorry for the slow response. I been feeling really bad last night and today. Old age...lol

I had deleted the original file but have it in may DAW.

After looking at this loop issue again it happens on any file. I happens where the loop ends and starts the return to zero. Also I get a pop when I hit the space bar on my keyboard. All this perhaps is caused by the settings in Studio 192 Mobile interface.

Let me do a bit more investigation. I will let you know the results.

Thanks,

Billy
Here is a link to the bass file from BIAB.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/15t2nz0713ek8r5/BB%20Bass%20Test.wav?dl=0

Here is a link to a guitar track I made.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/o5650qjn64fhq50/BB%20My%20Guitar%20Test.wav?dl=0

I turned the guitar up pretty high but no noise at the end of the loop.

Billy
Is this on Windows? can be all sorts of windows related settings. Pop, or a gap in playback? Only by playing from Melodyne?
Check your sample rate settings for your audio interface?
Hi Fiddler,

I actually sort of solved this issue late last night. I found the same issue to exist in other DAWs I have. AS it turned out the cause of the issue was the PreSonus Studio 192 Mobile interface. I had made several adjustments without results. I then install a Native Instruments interface with settings I used in the Studio 192 and the issue went away.

I do not yet understand why the Studio 192 interface is not working correctly. I have no idea why the Native Instruments interface works. And even more puzzling is why the noise would only happen on a .wav generated from BIAB. It did not happen when I recorded my guitar. It did not happen when I used a MP3 or .wav from another source.

There are things that BIAB uses that I have no understanding of, .MGU files for example.

I will give PG Music a call and ask a few questions.

Thanks,

Billy
© PG Music Forums