PG Music Home
Using 2019 Audiophile.

Right Click on Instrument (Piano), Select MIDI SuperTrack for this track []..., the selection dialogue opens with No MIDI SuperTracks Chosen.

The search feature also does not yield anything.

Any ideas how to locate and point BIAB to the correct directory?

Regards,
Lance
Hello,

It sounds like you need to rebuild the style list. Also, make sure you have the latest build installed (Help - About). If it's not build 644, install the patch, and then rebuild the StylePicker (Fast rebuild ok), and this should fix the problem.
Posted By: LanceJ Re: Midi SuperTracks - none to be found - 09/23/20 09:19 AM
Thanks. Now I see the SuperTracks.

New issue:

When I choose a Midi Supertrack and try to audition, I get a message box indicating the audition is happening. However, the transport bar in the audition never moves and I get an error message.

Miscellaneous Error Playing....Windows Media Player cannot play the file because there is a problem with your sound device. There might not be a sound device install.

I can play my MIDI controller through BB just fine. I can playback styles (i.e. Essential Jazz Piano Phrase #7).

I just can't audition any style, not just SuperTracks.

I would love to share pics of the setup options and error but I cannot find a way to do that. The Image option above does not show the image when I preview the post.

Regards,
Lance
Posted By: LanceJ Re: Midi SuperTracks - none to be found - 09/23/20 10:03 AM
I will also add that I can play the .wma files from the directory.

Example
J:\bb\Demos\RealTracks - Demos\Guitar, Acoustic, Soloist RnBPopDblBrent Ev 055 #3321 solo.wma

The default app to play the .wma is Windows Media Player. I am using Windows 10.

Regards,
Lance
Are you able to audition RealTracks in the RealTracks Picker (i.e. by double-clicking on them)?

If you want to show an image, you can attach it to your post (click the File Manager link), otherwise you need to host the file yourself on a server or via dropbox etc.
Posted By: LanceJ Re: Midi SuperTracks - none to be found - 09/23/20 07:49 PM
I cannot audition anything that I have tried.

Regards,
Lance

Attached picture Picker.png
Attached picture Audition.png
Attached picture error.png
Posted By: MarioD Re: Midi SuperTracks - none to be found - 09/23/20 08:22 PM
Do you have both BiaB and Windows Media Player both using ASIO drivers? If so that may be your problem as ASIO drivers are a one trick pony; that is they can only work with one program at a time. Set one of the programs to MME drivers and all should work just fine.
Are you able to play the .wma files outside of Band-in-a-Box (with WMP) while Band-in-a-Box is open?

What is your audio driver type in Band-in-a-Box, Options | Drivers | Audio Settings?

In Windows control panel --> Sound Settings -> Device properties -> Additional device properties --> Advanced, does it make a difference if you de-select "allow ... exclusive control.." checkbox?

Do you have an 'N' or 'KN' version of Windows where you had to install the media pack separately?
Posted By: Jim Fogle Re: Midi SuperTracks - none to be found - 09/24/20 04:19 PM
Also, Band-in-a-Box defaults to 16 bit 44.1Khz audio. The Windows Control Panel settings for the computer audio device (RealTek or IBM are two common audio devices for motherboards) may default to 24 bit and 48Khz audio.

The second error message is saying a setting is different between Windows audio and Band-in-a-Box audio.
Posted By: LanceJ Re: Midi SuperTracks - none to be found - 09/26/20 02:06 PM
Thanks for the responses.

My audio device was set at 32 bit 48Khz. I changed it to match 16 bit, 44.1Khz and that solved the problem.
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: Midi SuperTracks - none to be found - 09/26/20 09:26 PM
Originally Posted By: LanceJ
Thanks for the responses.

My audio device was set at 32 bit 48Khz. I changed it to match 16 bit, 44.1Khz and that solved the problem.

That's great that you resolved the issue. Perhaps consider marking your post as 'resolved', there's a button avaialble for that. This can assist others in future.
© PG Music Forums