PG Music Home
...both in Render and quick export in 2018 ...on a Windows 10 laptop. Dialogue settings are fine. Mixture of real tracks and DXI with a WAS drive Any clues?
Thanks-
Dan
- removed - misread the question.
Hi Dan,

BIAB defaults to 2 seconds of nothing at the end of an export. Maybe this is the issue.

I'm not if this applies to BIAB 2018 but it used to be that it was necessary to render one file via this menu for the settings to be implemented. (See image below.)

Regards,
Noel

Attached picture render - settings access via audio menu 2020.jpg
That's the issue, Noel. Set to 0....but still adds 2. I'll check a later version of BIAB on my desktop and see what I get. Thanks.
Hey axelrod - if it's effecting just one one file in particular, feel free to send the .SGU/.MGU file to support@pgmusic.com so we can test it. Just include full context of the issue in the email, for reference, as well smile
This may not be related directly to BIAB, but: Have you checked your audio codecs and the compatibility between the programs and windows itself?

Is common to see those kind of problems on Windows 10, specially when comes to rendering and using codecs; My advice in this situation is to do the following checklist:

+ Check audio drivers and make sure of that everything works correctly
+ Check Frequency and Bit rate of your audio interface
+ Deactivate exclusive usage of audio devices
+ Check that all yours programs work at the same frequency of windows, in this case Band In a Box.
+ If you have Microsoft Store enabled, check the latest codec packs available; If you don't have the app store, you can do it on the web too

As an extra thing: The same thing happened to me with Reaper a few weeks ago, rendering to Mp3 and i fixed it installing a newer version of Lame32 encoder pack from Microsoft Store
Update. Thr export works fine when there are only midi tracks (DXi). So I guess either the Real Tracks is adding blank space or the real/midi combo.
Dan,

Is one or more of the Realtracks used in this backing half- or double-time?

I've noticed that when one sets the timebase to something other than 'normal', this can occasionally have unwanted consequences.

Regards,
Noel
© PG Music Forums