PG Music Home
Once you set any of the first tracks (Bass, Piano, Guitar) to "Simple Arrangement" in the Track Settings Dialogue you cannot change them back.

This does not appear to be a problem for tracks 5, 6 or 7.

This is irrelevant of any Song Settings or General Settings regarding setting tracks/song to Simple Arrangement.

Please advise how to fix this problem.
Originally Posted By: NigelSpiers
Once you set any of the first tracks (Bass, Piano, Guitar) to "Simple Arrangement" in the Track Settings Dialogue you cannot change them back.

This does not appear to be a problem for tracks 5, 6 or 7.

This is irrelevant of any Song Settings or General Settings regarding setting tracks/song to Simple Arrangement.

Please advise how to fix this problem.

The specific instruments on the Tracks depend of the Style that you are using, including RealTracks or MIDI or a combination of both.
Tell us a little more.
- What Style are you using?
- Are any of the Tracks frozen?
- What detailed steps did you take to change the Style to no longer be "Simple Arrangement"?
- What version / build of BiaB do you have?
- Is this a Windows or Mac version?
- Does it affect the Drums Track the same way?

Hi,

That's interesting - are you saying that some Styles have hard-coded Real Track settings including setting specific realtracks to "Simplistic Arrangement" and the user can't change these?

I thought "Simplistic Arrangement" relates to RealTracks and not to Styles.

How do I work around this - what do you guys do?

Best Regards
Nigel
Hello Nigel,

There is a setting in the Song Settings dialog, "Force song to simple arrangement". If this is set, it will automatically select the Simpler version of RealTracks, if available.
Hi Andrew,

Thanks - I have checked Song Settings and "Simple" setting is set to Off.

The Style I am using is _CHICAMP.STY

Is there a way to get into this style and turn the "Simple" setting off?

Best Regards
Nigel
I see.... yes, you can edit the style:

Ctrl+shift+F9 --> Misc --> More --> choose each instrument and uncheck "simple version".

Save the style as a different name so that you don't loose your version of the style.
Nigel, it works fine here. Check options/preferences/override and see if "force to simple arrangement" is checked. If it is then that is a global setting and maybe the song setting "Force song to simple arrangement" is not overriding it.
Hi Andrew,

Thanks - yes that did the trick.

Excellent.

Best Regards
Nigel
© PG Music Forums