PG Music Home
Is it possible to de-install 32 bit BIAB without deinstalling the 64 bit version? If so, how?

thank you

Z
why? i only use the 32 bit version and i'm quite happy to have the 64 bit version along side. are you trying to save disc space? you can always delete the 32 bit shortcut so all you see is the 64 bit version.
It's certainly possible, and one way is not by uninstalling but by deleting one or two executable files. You won't save anything, really. Bob's idea of removing the shortcut will accomplish the task. Otherwise I suspect the next update will just put anything back.
There is no obvious reason why not but I still would be very hesitant to delete the 32 bit program. I believe you have Band-in-a-Box for Mac so your Band-in-a-Box executable files will certainly have a different extension and may have a different name. For Windows the size of the 32 bit executable, BBW.EXE, is less than 44 megabytes while the 64 bit executable, BBW64.EXE, is less than 51 megabytes.

There is little gain and, to me, the action has the potential to create trouble.

When compared against the 32 bit program the 64 bit program is relatively new. If you delete the 32 bit program you may discover some features rely on the 32 bit program to operate.
I am taking the experienced advice and will not delete BIAB 32 bit. I thought the whole program of BIAB was either 32 bit or 64 bit -= including all the associated files. I was wrong.

I also never use Real Band. Judging from the above advice is it also not necessary to delete this? If the space difference is negligable?

Thank you for the input

Z
Now that’s different. RealBand is a separate program (though not large) in a separate folder. Up to you. No hazard to remove.
If you haven't already discovered how much Realband gives you used in conjunction with BIAB I suggest you experiment. BIAB and RB together are really powerful for creating music. Lots of us use RB rather than some of the better known DAWs. Its free with BIAB and opens up lots of creative avenues. You won't save much space as Matt says so unless every meg of disc space is precious why not try it rather than delete it?
Thank you. I will consider it. I use Cubase so no need of RealBand
Yeah, the difference with the 64-bit program and the 32-bit program is a handful of megabytes. Plus like others have mentioned, there are a couple features that have not yet made the transition to the 64-bit version, not to mention if you want to run any 32-bit VST plugins within BIAB. You'd lose more than what you gain by deleting the 32-bit executable.
By the way, since you use a Mac, at some point you may update your OS and then you will be required to use only 64-bit apps. Even before I got the new version of BIAB, I got tired of seeing the annoying warnings in High Sierra.
Matt,

While writing my response I failed to notice ZeroZero's signature. His computer is using Windows 10.

I hate that I overlooked his signature since I'm an advocate of using the signature feature to display system information.

ZeroZero,

I apologize for my oversight.
© PG Music Forums