PG Music Home
Posted By: JRoot Error message "Duplicate Call..." - 09/24/20 09:49 PM
Hello,

I'm a new user running biab Pro 2018. I was having a problem I had seen elsewhere: that all of my real tracks were showing up as RT n/a. I went to my account and realized that I had to download and install all of the "Real Combos." Having done this, now when I open biab, I get a popup that says "Duplicate call to PossiblyGetFinishedWaveInBuf". Clicking OK or closing the box simply regenerates the message. My only option is to force-close the program. [img]https://www.dropbox.com/s/d3oomblvtfxixns/ScreenHunter%202848.png?dl=0[/img]

Help?
Thanks.
Posted By: rharv Re: Error message "Duplicate Call..." - 09/25/20 06:37 PM
A few bits of information will help.

Depending on the package you bought you may need to either
1. Download the Realtracks to the appropriate folder and install them
or
2. If you have a external hard drive with the Realtracks on it, make sure BiaB is looking for them there.

Did you get Download only, or did you get a hard drive?

Real Combos (I think) make use of the Realtracks you already have so I suggest starting at the beginning; double check the location and existence of your realtracks folder.

See below to make sure you are loading the Realtracks from where you think you are.
Options-Prefs-Realtracks

Attached picture BB-RT_location.jpg
Hi JRoot, try this:

Go to your BB folder (usually at c:\bb) and find the Preferences folder and delete it's contents, then reboot and try to run Band-in-a-Box again.

If at any point you're able to get into BB, go to the Options menu and choose MIDI/Audio Driver Setup, then Audio Settings. Under the Audio Driver Type, try switching from WAS to MME (or vice versa) and see if that stops the above error.
© PG Music Forums