PG Music Home
I just can't seem to get it right: I want to play the first 32 bars of a song in one RealStyle and then the next 32 bars in a completely different RealStyle. Same tempo, same time, but just change an 1/8ev RealStyle (in my case _Alameda.sty) to another RealStyle with 1/16ev (_NoHurry.sty).
I have tried both ways that seem to be suitable for this:
1) I chose the new RealStyle in the 33rd bar via F5
2) Alternatively I added a new Substyle c = _Nohurry.sty via the Section Marker
But both methods did not work.
When I play this, Band in a Box changes the style displayed in the style field. But it does not change the real tracks in the mixer nor can you hear any instrument change.
What am I doing wrong?
Are any of the tracks frozen? (I'm assuming that you've regenerated given that you're a BIAB expert.)

If the first style is 3/4 and the second style is 4/4, this could create the problem you're experiencing (if I recall correctly).

My first plan of attack when BIAB doesn't do something correctly is to reset to factory settings.

Regards,
Noel
Brille,

I wonder if your problem is similar to this thread?
I was definitely able to repeat this. The Style display shows it has changed, but the original style keeps playing.

I had reported it but have not had any feedback.
Hey Noel, thanks for your feedback. I tried your demo, and it worked perfectly. Definitely the style changed.

Could you try using these styles and see if you can repeat the result?
_COOL_IT.STY and then switch to _J140_BD.STY

It might be related to using _COOL_IT.STY as the first style, but that's only a guess.

You might also try downloading the SGU file I created in this thread.

Thanks again. Always appreciated.

Trev
Hi Trev,

I tried your file. It definitely doesn't work. I bet it's to do with the fact that the _COOL_IT style has half-time bass and half-time drums. Then, the style it changes to does not half-time instruments.

The half-, double-, and triple-times have limitations on them. I'm guessing that this might be one of those limitations.

I'll build myself a songfile and see what happens. I'll let you know.

I wonder if Brille's file has half- or double-time instruments?

All the best,
Noel
Hi Noel,

Quote:
"I bet it's to do with the fact that the _COOL_IT style has half-time bass and half-time drums. "

I'm pretty sure that you're a few steps ahead again. Fundamentally, the program should be able to handle this - as all of the styles are produced/supplied by BiaB, but I really think you're onto something in way of moving forward with identifying the issue.

Thanks again, this is a great identification.

Question to PG Music team:
If such styles can't be interchanged, why doesn't the program advise the user that styles are incompatible, and suggest workarounds?
That would be quite beneficial, I feel.
Noel, you're on the money, as usual. No surprises there...
Thanks!
Trev,

I just realised that I might have sounded condescending in that last post. I hope I didn't. I know you are aware of what needs doing to modify a style. I added those notes in case someone reading the thread might like to try it out.

Regards,
Noel
All totally cool, Noel. Absolutely no prob's with your post. I was most pleased to have found the reason actually smile
Trev and Noel:

Thanks to you both for your work on this.
I assume that it has been reported to Support for their info.

LLOYD S
Thanks Lloyd,

Yes, I've updated the report with probable cause of the issue to PG Music, and hopefully they will resolve it.

Trev
Thanks you all!
It actually seems to be exactly related to this. I would like to generate a soundtrack for a video clip that has some faster passages in some places. I therefore mixed "in time" and "double time" styles. I now create two complete files and do the editing and merging with Audacity.
I'm glad you got it sorted smile

When you get a chance, would you mind clicking the "Resolved" button that's available on the original post that started thread. It helps people know in advance if reading a thread contains a solution.

All the best,
Noel
Originally Posted By: Brille
Thanks you all!
It actually seems to be exactly related to this. I would like to generate a soundtrack for a video clip that has some faster passages in some places. I therefore mixed "in time" and "double time" styles. I now create two complete files and do the editing and merging with Audacity.

Thanks Brille. Of course it would be great if all of the parts of the BiaB song could remain within BiaB to deliver the BiaB song. All parts created by BiaB should integrate together, surely? Apparently not. Hope they can introduce this at some stage.
© PG Music Forums