PG Music Home
Posted By: Sandra Sherman Error: Drum Kit Warning Message - 10/07/20 10:16 AM
Hi everyone,
So I get this annoying warning 4 times, every time I open BIAB and EVERY time I generate a(ny) song.
"Your current drum kit has no bass drum note assigned."
I have to click it 4 times to make it disappear again and generate the song.

I`m on BIAB 2020 latest patch on a Win 10 HP laptop. It doesn`t matter what Realtracks I`m trying to load. It appears on everything.

It used to run fine. I think the only changes that were made to this laptop was a Windows security patch update (something automatic).

I would appreciate your help a lot, since this is my teaching laptop and it`s hard to teach guitar without a working BIAB version. On my PC everything`s running smooth as butter.

Thanks,
Sandra
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: Error: Drum Kit Warning Message - 10/07/20 11:01 AM
Sounds as though the MIDI drum kit has lost one or more settings:

Try the following and check that the definition values are not zero. If so, change them to match the following values and save:

Attached picture 2020-10-08_0-59-50.jpg
Posted By: Deryk - PG Music Re: Error: Drum Kit Warning Message - 10/07/20 11:56 AM
Sounds like you just need to reset your drum kit.

To do this, go into Opt | Midi/Audio driver setup.
Change the "Synthesizer/Soundcard" option from General MIDI Instrument Misc to any other option in the list.
Press OK and say "yes" to the message that appears.

Then go back into Opt | Midi/Audio driver setup.
Change the "Synthesizer/Soundcard" option back to General MIDI Instrument Misc.
Press OK and say "yes" to the message that appears.

That should do it but if not let us know!
Posted By: Sandra Sherman Re: Error: Drum Kit Warning Message - 10/07/20 04:29 PM
That was it! Thanks so much for the detailed help!

Sandra
Posted By: Sandra Sherman Re: Error: Drum Kit Warning Message - 10/07/20 04:31 PM
hanks! I actually just resetted the midi driver as Deryk suggested. But it`s good to have another ace up my sleeves.

Sandra
© PG Music Forums