PG Music Home
Hi, all--

I have a simple 12-bar blues that I want repeated 9 times. Ideally, on the last time, I want BB (Win 2020) to stop dead at the first beat of bar 11. What BB gives me the last time is the full 12 bars plus a couple extra bars. When I tried to set up some kind of first ending/second ending, things really got balled up, and BB gave me at least 24 bars. When I tried to do a D.C. al fine, it messed up, too. Any suggestions to help me get this squared away will be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

--Ken
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: All I need is a simple ending... - 10/12/20 12:55 AM
I'm not sure of your setup, but perhaps put a Rest on the ending bars you don't want to play, by following the chord with a single period character e.g. C.
Posted By: Charlie Fogle Re: All I need is a simple ending... - 10/12/20 08:45 AM
What you're asking for is a tag ending. Tag endings are programmed from the Song Settings Window.

The Chord Chart should be populated with:
Start = 1
End = 12
Choruses = 9

From the Song Settings Window:

. uncheck Generate 2 Bar ending for this song.
. Set the Ending Options as follows:
. Tax Exists box checked
. Jump after Bar 11
. Tag Begin Bar 107
. Tag Ends Bar 108
. Ok To exit Song Settings

From the Chord Chart scroll to Bar 107 (the chart will be grayed out from Bar 13 through Bar 106). Bars 107 and 108 will be active.
For a Stop enter the desired Chord on the first beat of the measure (Bar 1) followed by two periods and enter. ie: C..

On the last time (Chorus 9), this programming will have BB (Win 2020) to stop dead (play a Stop)at the first beat of bar 11 (Bar 107).

Attached picture Full Screen Capture.JPG
Attached picture Tag Ending Screen Shot.JPG
Attached picture Song Window Settings1.JPG
Posted By: musiclover Re: All I need is a simple ending... - 10/12/20 12:56 PM
A lot of people find that if they go into Edit top left side of biab-song form-unfold (convert to one BIG chorus) that its easier to work that way.

You could also try right clicking on a cell (bar) song settings and untick 2 bar ending in the dialog that opens.

Otherwise as already said put the Last chord with a . after it, but that might sound too abrupt, so try last chord with ... after it for a hold.

or for last 2 bars even try, example chord here, l C G C...l C. l

That G and C on second last bar on beats three and four beat is entered by using the keys G,C...

An easy way to copy a lot of bars since you want it done nine times is go to the bar that you want copy to start at and and press K for last four bars, or k8 last eight or k16 last sixteen.
Posted By: RiverCityKen Re: All I need is a simple ending... - 10/12/20 05:08 PM
Hey there, Charlie and Musiclover--

You guys are the best! Your help is truly greatly appreciated, as I now have that song just the way I wanted it. Thank you!!!
© PG Music Forums