PG Music Home
Hello

I have C C+ F ina song.

But the C+ is no different to the C.

Does BIAB ignore the + or aug?

Or this is a setting somewhere that I need to change?

The style is _DIXIEMED

Edit: Style is _DIXIMED

Regards
Bernt

Presuming you meant _DIXIMED (only one 'E') then I just tried it and the augmented C plays for me, both audibly and visually in the score.

Any chance that your tracks re frozen?

Attached picture 2020-10-17_23-52-39.jpg
Berntd,

Here are a couple of things to check that could stop the augmented chord playing. See the image below.

These are found in "Song Settings" -- right-click on the chordsheet and select "Song Settings" from the menu.

1. Make sure that "Natural Arrangement" (#2 on image) is DISABLED for the song.

2. Make sure that "Force Simple Arrangement" (#1 on image) is activated.

These changes will set BIAB play the chords as entered.

Regards,
Noel

Attached picture force simple arrangement.JPG
Hello,

Thanks for that.

Force song to simple arrangements does not fix it. It does change the arrangement though in other ways.

What seems to fix it is the Natural arrangement option.

I changed it from "As per options" to "Disabled for this song"

I have attached the difference in arrangements.

Regards
Bernt

Attached picture Aug chord natural set to as per options.PNG
Attached picture Aug chord natural set to disabled for this song.PNG
Glad you got it going. I never use Natural Arrangement. It dumbs everything down. It's permanently disabled on my system.
Yes, as VideoTrack mentions, you have the option to turn it off globally. I do use Natural Arrangement sometimes because it can sound good on some songs, but not on songs where I want to hear specific upper extensions of chords. So, experiment.
Like Videotrack, I have Natural Arrangement permanently off on my system to. I prefer BIAB to play the chords exactly as I put them in.

If the "Force simple arrangement" is off, this will stop BIAB playing 7th chords in place of majors (I think that this is its main purpose).

Glad you got it working!
Noel

Originally Posted By: VideoTrack
Glad you got it going. I never use Natural Arrangement. It dumbs everything down. It's permanently disabled on my system.

Interesting. I am not even sure what exactly it means.
It’s hard to explain because we users do not know exactly what it does. That’s why I try a song with and without. If you ask a specific question, we might be able to answer.
Never understood why it was created as an option.
Why input the chords you want only for BB to ignore them and play a 'dumbed down' simplified version?
If I want C - Am - F - G7 thats what I'll type.
Bests
Ian
That's my take also. If I want an augmented chord, or a 7th or a 9th, that's what I ask for. If I didn't want them, I simply wouldn't ask for them wink
Originally Posted By: VideoTrack
That's my take also. If I want an augmented chord, or a 7th or a 9th, that's what I ask for. If I didn't want them, I simply wouldn't ask for them wink

Same here!
I admit I don’t know for sure but if you enter standard chord progressions, Natural Arrangement is not a factor. C Am F G7 always had BIAB playing things like Cmaj7 Am7 F7 G7b9 just because BIAB always used AI to ‘jazz it up’ unless you specifically said not to and used a very simple style.

No, where Natural Arrangement makes changes is if you enter more complex upper extensions like C13(#11) Am11 F13b9 G13sus. It’s very likely the RealTracks that were recorded by the artists did not play this exact progression. Yes, BIAB could play those chords but most keyboard and guitar players would simplify it. That’s what I think Natural Arrangement does. I think...
I have found lately that certain instruments like steel do not always play the chord all other instruments are playing. Every chord I used, in the key of E major, was in key except a F#major.

I had to mute out all the one bar F# major chords for the steel. Perhaps that one bar could be changed in Melodyne...I did not try. Just fire the steel player and get someone who can play...lol

There are many seriously irritating things about BIAB.

Cheers,

Billy
Yes but I still love it. Xxx smile
Originally Posted By: WendyM

It is ironic that this software with so many "seriously irritating things" and in some areas so far behind today's competition that it still is our favorite software.
Originally Posted By: MarioD
Originally Posted By: WendyM

It is ironic that this software with so many "seriously irritating things" and in some areas so far behind today's competition that it still is our favorite software.
Both right!

I remain curious if any of you agree with my assessment of how Natural Arrangement applies, a few posts above.
Matt, I think you have it. Ch
I have NA turned off. If the RT can't or won't play what I ask,and I rarely go to 'Jazz' chords, I try a few alternatives.

What I find curious however is when I've finished entering a series of quite 'normal' chords I often get a yellow box come up saying X percentage are fancy chords and consider NA.
If I've purposely turned it off in Options,why flag it?
Bests
Ian
© PG Music Forums