PG Music Home
Posted By: Angelomusic Adding tracks to the mixer ? - 11/10/20 02:11 AM
Hi all,

I am in need of help! frown

I am composing my next tune. This one uses a few RTs. In the mixer channel I have 7 tracks used (piano, sax, drums, bass, loop etc).

My issue is that I would like to add a 8th track (and who knows maybe more) tracks to the mixer so that I can use some other stuff to add to my tune.

But I don't know how to do is and if this is possible. I have tried to tweak here and there but nothing happens...

Can I add more tracks to the mixer so that I can implement more instruments ?

Thanks for your help! smile
Posted By: Pipeline Re: Adding tracks to the mixer ? - 11/10/20 02:46 AM
You can Track Menu > Track Actions > Save track as Performance File
EDIT: then Audio menu > Move Performance Track to Audio..
this will move a RealTrack to the Audio Track and allow you to generate a different track in the track it was from.

The other way is using the Biab Plugin VST this lets you have 24 more tracks or add another Plugin and get 48 more tracks,
using Element.

This can also be used for MutliRiffs as you can simply drag the track out of the Plugin directly into the Audio track of Biab then you can move it to a Performance Track.
You can also re-generate any section you like in the Plugin then simple drop it into the same section in the Audio Track, you simply set the it to Snap in the Audio Track, highlight the section you don't want and > Cut then drag the the section from the Plugin 1 bar early and select Merge,
if you have Pad set in the Plugin Preferences then you need to drag it to the very start of the Audio Track.

Attached picture Biab-Element-BBvst.png
Posted By: Pipeline Re: Adding tracks to the mixer ? - 11/10/20 03:38 AM
A new function in the Plugin allows you to select bars then just generate up those bars.
In the pic below the top track in the Plugin is Generated the full song but I didn't like bars 9-12,
the next track down has just Generated the selected bars 9-12.
The next track down will have pad in front going right back the start but has no sound until bar 9 this allows you to easy line up in a DAW,
so when we drag it in we drag it to the very start bar -1 and we must select "Merge" from the drop down.

Full Screen

Attached File
BB-BBvst-Drag-to-Audio.gif  (95 downloads)
Posted By: Pipeline Re: Adding tracks to the mixer ? - 11/10/20 04:06 AM
I'm using a channel slider to give Vol/Pan for the level out of the Plugin.
There are 2 free ones below the single channel and a mixer 12 channel mixer vst with 5 sends if you want to use more Plugins in Element
from https://audiostrom.com/?topic=mixer Win/Mac
and https://www.sonalksis.com/freeg.html
More Info Here

Attached picture Sonalksis-FreeG-BBvst.png
Posted By: Bob Calver Re: Adding tracks to the mixer ? - 11/10/20 08:24 AM
why not use RealBand? what you want to do is simplicity itself there.
Posted By: Rob Helms Re: Adding tracks to the mixer ? - 11/10/20 10:04 AM
Yes if you have 7 tracks and want to add more then save the song file close BiaB then open RealBand and open the song in it then add up to 41 more tracks mix and export the song as wave, mp3 rinse and repeat.
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: Adding tracks to the mixer ? - 11/10/20 10:06 AM
If you have the Windows version of BiaB, then you also have RealBand, as mentioned. It doesn't have the limitations of BiaB. It supports 48 tracks, and can open and load your existing BiaB file, so you can keep working without starting again. It also has much improved support for multi-riffs, generating only part of a track and more.
Posted By: Angelomusic Re: Adding tracks to the mixer ? - 11/10/20 12:10 PM
To all who responded to my messag :

I adress to all of you a WARM THANK YOU!!

I'm gonna put into practice all your advice and will update.

Thank you so much dear members, you are the best!
© PG Music Forums