PG Music Home
Posted By: miseg Upgraded to 2021 => no audio [Resolved] - 12/01/20 10:33 AM
Hi,
I just upgraded to BIAB 2021 (using same directory as 2020 version), with no visible problems during the process.
As I start BIAB and press play, I get no sound.
When I preview loops/realtracks/styles, I get sound.

Checking Audio/Audio driver Settings, the Audio Driver Type is set to MME.
I change it to UMC ASIO Driver, press ok => red popup "Could not connect to ASIO driver, audio will be silent".
Clicking on the "ASIO Driver Control Panel" button,results in a BIAB Access violation popup for bbw64.exe.

Going back to MME, I see that it has a sub menu where I can select between:
-Microsoft Sound Mapper <= selected
-loudspeakers (Realtek High definition)
-AMD HDMI Output

I change to select "Loudspeakers", press ok once in this window and once more when returning to audio setting window.

Still no sound when regenerating and pressing play.
I still get sound when I audition loops etc.

Any advice appreciated!

Cheers
Mikael

Posted By: Bob Calver Re: Upgraded to 2021 => no audio - 12/01/20 11:52 AM
your umc driver will not work unless the interface is connected. do you see the mixer levels flashing up and down?
are you using midi or realtracks?
Posted By: DebMurphy Re: Upgraded to 2021 => no audio - 12/01/20 01:27 PM
I have a similar problem MME works fine; ASIO does not. I sent the error message to support so they are aware of the situation.

BTW, the error message pops up only when I try to record which is different than what you are describing.

...Deb
Posted By: Blake - PG Music Re: Upgraded to 2021 => no audio - 12/01/20 05:39 PM
Originally Posted By: miseg
UMC ASIO Driver

Is that a Behringer audio interface? Is it the UMC404HD?
Posted By: jamestoffee Re: Upgraded to 2021 => no audio - 12/02/20 04:47 AM
I had the same issue of hearing the previews, but not the bars in the song view.

After about an hour of frustration trying MME and ASIO, I finally choose the WAS (windows audio session) option, and it worked!
Posted By: miseg Re: Upgraded to 2021 => no audio - 12/02/20 05:55 AM
The problem seems resolved!
The stupid thing is that I tried changing various audio driver options back and forth, and when I suddenly got sound, I forgot to write down what change actually did the trick ... Once the favorite toy works again, you get absorbed by it.

I will check the config at next opportunity, and update here.
Posted By: PeterF Re: Upgraded to 2021 => no audio [Resolved] - 12/02/20 07:35 AM
Similar -in that my 32 bit version has no sound - other than previews, however the 64 bit version is fine.
Somewhat odd.

Peter
Posted By: Boris V Re: Upgraded to 2021 => no audio [Resolved] - 12/02/20 05:22 PM
A happy user since 1995. Just found audio problems as mentioned work on the 64bit version but not the 32bit - go figure? Now I cant' get the new VST plugin to work with Audition. Had the same problem last years new version. It took 5 months to fix and I hope that doesn't happen again.
Originally Posted By: Boris V
A happy user since 1995. Just found audio problems as mentioned work on the 64bit version but not the 32bit - go figure? Now I cant' get the new VST plugin to work with Audition. Had the same problem last years new version. It took 5 months to fix and I hope that doesn't happen again.

Thanks. There was/is no problem specifically with Audition that we are aware of, please see:
https://www.pgmusic.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=627029#Post627029

You should start a new thread in the DAW Plugin forum about it, if it still doesn't seem to be working...
© PG Music Forums