PG Music Home
Hi all
Getting there slowly.
But now a new snag I have vsti that worked and loaded fine in 2019.
However 2021 will not let me add them and suggest they may not be correctly installed or st2.
Strange as I say I still have one machine on 2019 and that discovers them and allows me to chose them, they play fine!

I have sussed out the search and add vst in the new 2021 add vst method and successfully loaded Kontakt
And others no prob. But…….
Any thoughts
Mike
Are they 32-bit plugins? Perhaps you have jbridge on the other machine? What is an example of one?
HI Andrew

Surely that should be ok if I use the 32 bit version of 2021 even if it is a32 bit plugin?

I do not have j bridge at all on any machines.
And works fine in 2019 ver.
Thanks for your interest
Mike
Yeah - the way that 2021 loads/applies plug-ins is way different and I'm still struggling trying to find a good work around. Much easier to use before.
Quote:
Surely that should be ok if I use the 32 bit version of 2021 even if it is a32 bit plugin?

Oh, yes it should be.... could you give an example of one that is not loading?
Hi Andrew

Here is a link to the vst on my website.
Also if you scroll down the page you will find a XGlite pat file.
You will need this for the higher banks of xg voices, howeverthe gm ones will load without it as they are bank 000 msb 000 lsb.

Note:
there is no gui in this vst so you need to select your patches in the host (BIAB)

http://mikesmusic.byethost16.com/my_technical_articles2.html#XG_vst

Thanks for your interest
Mike
Hi Andrew

Did you get anywhere with this?
As I say it worked fine in the 2019 version.
But even in 2021 809 it will not show up even if I try to add it by scanning a particular folder.
Very strange
Mike
Hi Mike,

Yes, I can add the plugin (Yamaha SGP2 VST, correct?), but (1) it shows up without a name in the plugin list - i.e. it just shows up as "VST: " , (2) when I view the plugin it just shows an empty dialog (from what you say I think this is expected), and (3) I cannot close the plugin window. In an earlier version of BB I have problem #2, but not #1 or #3. Is this consistent with what you see?

I am not sure if the VST is actually functioning, is there any easy way to tell?
Hi Andrew
Quote:
"I am not sure if the VST is actually functioning, is there any easy way to tell?"

All I can say say is it works fine in 2019 32 bit and has been my default synth for the last 2 years at least.
As far as 2021 goes,
The only extra thing I saw was a yellow pop up saying Yamaha .... could not be loaded for an unknow reason, when I first searched (scanned) specific folder.
and yes it is strange that it does not show it's name just vst:
maybe the new version of BIAB requires some sort of gui as it allows multiple gui to be open.
Thank you for your time.
Mike
Many Thanks Andrew
Build 813 loads and runs the vst in the 32bit version just fine and my pat file works well.
Must get J Bridge sometime then it will run in the 64 bit version.
Still comes up without a name as VSTi: but no worries once you know.
Can you mark this resolved as I am out of time here.

Thank you for your time,
Mike
© PG Music Forums