PG Music Home
Posted By: MarkP Can't play style demos [Resolved] - 12/18/20 11:03 AM
While trying to work along with the YouTube video:
"Band-in-a-Box® 2019 VST DAW Plugin for Windows®, demonstrated in Reaper®"
using 2021 UltraPak, I double-clicked _CROONR1 from the Style Picker but got an error that it couldn't find the Style Demo Audio _CROONR1.wma. The specific error:

Miscellaneous Error playing M:\BB\REALTRACKS\Data\Style Demos Audio\_CROONR1.wma. Windows Media Player cannot find the file. If you are trying to play, burn or sync an item that is in your library, the item might point to a file that has been moved, ren...

I checked the directory, found the _CROONR1.wma file (and can play it with Windows Media Player & VLC). The style can be loaded and used but BIAB can't seem to find/play the audio file to play in the 32 bit or 64 bit versions or the DAW plugin. My BB\RealTracks and BB\Drums folders are stored on my NAS with a mapped drive M: (pref folders set to M:\BB\RealTracks\ & M:\BB\Drums\ ).

Any ideas?
Posted By: DrDan Re: Can't play style demos - 12/18/20 11:33 AM
My NAS storage always had some restrictions with access from programs. I just assumed I didn't know what I was doing with it. But that might be an issue.
Posted By: Joseph Land Re: Can't play style demos - 12/18/20 11:46 AM
When you click on green play button, pay attention to any yellow message boxes that show up at the bottom right.

My install is in the E:\ drive and here is what I see, and it does play correctly on my system.

Attached picture message.jpg
Posted By: MarkP Re: Can't play style demos - 12/18/20 01:20 PM
I get the same (similar) message. The file location is correct.

UPDATE
I believe I've fixed the problem by using a UNC path rather than the mapped drive letter for the RealTracks and Drums folders. The styles now play inside BIAB.

Still working to get the paths updated in the DAW plugin.
Posted By: Jim Fogle Re: Can't play style demos - 12/18/20 03:04 PM
MarkP,

What version of the DAW Plugin are you using? Note, the version number is displayed on the inside left of the black status bar at the bottom of the DAW Plugin. The version number is also displayed when you select the About button in the DAW Plugin Preferences window.
© PG Music Forums