PG Music Home
This is additional and likely related to the previous problem I reported.

I start a fresh new song and apply _SUMMER2.STY.

I play the song and it sounds correct.

Then at bar 5 I change style to _GRANITE.STY.

I play the song and it now sounds wrong and when it gets to bar 5 it does not change to the correct style.

I generate and play again and this time I get this error. Something is def wrong with changing styles.

Attached picture error.jpg
I did the same at home: no problem.
Originally Posted By: Marco76
I did the same at home: no problem.
yeah but did it sound right?
Here are more details on this problem.

It seems to be related to the mixer and the number of tracks being used.

If I create a new song and apply the style _CENTAUR.STY to it when I play it it sounds correct. I can solo each of the 5 tracks in this style and the proper instrument is playing on each track.

Now if I change style at bar 3 to _NORFOLK.STY when I play it and it hits bar 2 the Guitar track has already switched out to NORFOLK! Then when I get to bar 3 the two tracks of _NORFOLK are playing but the drum track from CENTAUR is also still playing.

If I play it again a couple more times BIAB crashes and says I can continue if I want.

But if I continue it will not regenerate saying "Playback generation is already in progress."

I have to force Windows to stop BIAB to get it to quit.

STEPS TO REPRODUCE
1) close and restart BIAB
2) set style to _CENTAUR.STY
3) in bar 3 change style to _NORFOLK.STY
4) solo drum track
5) press Generate & Play button
6) drum will play on bar 1, 2, 3 and beyond but it should stop after 2 because _NORFOLK.STY does not have a drum
7) solo guitar track
8) press Play button
9) guitar will play on bar 1 but it switches to Mandola at bar 2 when it should not switch until bar 3

This seems to be related to mixer and track setup. The style change is not properly replacing all tracks and it is not replacing some at the proper bar.
© PG Music Forums