PG Music Home
Hi All,

Longtime user of BIAB. Go back to the DOS version in the 90s.

I usually update every 4-5 years depending on the new features added.

I currently run BIAB 2016 UltraPak, so I'm due.

Been checking in on the forum throughout December and January, but I'm hesitant to upgrade, as I'm reading lots of posts about issues with the new BIAB 2021.

So has the latest patch stabilized things? I know PG Music releases patches throughout the year and I know that the first version in December is always a work in progress.

But I just read some postings on the BIAB VST plugin forum, and the consensus seems the DAW plugin is better, but still not complete - and that's @two years old now.

I really don't want to wait a year for full, bug-free functionality of BIAB 2021.

So what say you, the experts?

Is it worth upgrading from BIAB 2016 to 2021?

I use the program to layout the instrumental parts/arrangement for my original songs, then import the midi files/Real Tracks into my DAW where I add vocals, mix, and season to taste.

Thanks,
Danny V.
I believe that it's stable enough to be OK to upgrade to, and remember, there will be patches being progressively released so if you encounter issues, these will hopefully be resolved.
Things have stabilized a lot since the initial 2021 release. While I'm still learning to use some of the features new for this year the Band-in-a-Box program is pretty stable. I'm really liking the new audio engine and the new time and pitch stretching algorithm make a noticeable difference

I believe you'll find the sum of all the updates since 2016 to be worth your time and money.

Sale ends January 15. If you don't agree the update is worthwhile there is the no questions asked 30 day money back guarantee.
I recommend upgrading while the sale is in effect - one more day. I cannot comment about the plug-in except to say I don’t hear much anymore about how it’s missing critical things.

As for the main program, you will first notice graphical changes, so remember Ctrl+T.

We recently had a large number of patches of some annoying things, but 2021 has always been stable.
Yes, agreed also. If you are considering updating, take advantage of the discounted pricing while it lasts (last day...)
I guess it depends on how you use the program. I use the feature to change styles on a bar extensively and that feature was working fine in 2020 but broken in 2021. So I have reverted to 2020 and hope they fix this some day so I can use what I paid for.
Same, but i must say their support crew is somehow proven to be very good and reliable ... For my use BIAB works OK, only Realband needs some Real Fixes LoL.
Speaking for myself, BIAB 2021 is very stable and well worth the price... I know of no other software program that can do what BIAB does, and it seems to be improving steadily.
Works excellent for me. There have been multiple updates very quickly so most glitches remedied stat.

Mike
I agree with all the others, upgrade now to save some money in the long run. Overall, the program has been improved quite a bit and with the latest updates is quite stable and useful.

The issues that are still on-going are digging further down deeper into areas that a general user may not ever see or use....at least for me.

Jeff
© PG Music Forums