PG Music Home
This is recent behavior, so maybe I have something mis-set, but the main BIAB window now remains on top of every other window on my screen no matter what I do. It even sits on top of its own child windows, such as Chord Builder. I've looked through all the Preferences. Any ideas? Thanks. (Version 2020 build 734 64-bit Windows)
Hi,

It sounds like you have DAW plug-in mode engaged.

Under the Windows menu, you'll see this option near the bottom of the list of items. Click on it to de-select it.

CTRL+SHFT+S is the shortcut. (You may have accidentally engaged it using this key combination.)

Regards,
Noel

Attached picture plug in mode DAW.JPG
Excellent advice above.

Another way this could accidentally be engaged is to inadvertently pressed this button (depending on your layout):

Attached picture 2021-01-17_20-51-30.jpg
Attached picture 2021-01-17_20-52-09.jpg
Thank you!! Yep, that was it. (Music workflow is complicated enough without this happening.)

I appreciate your quick response.
I'd tried clicking that, as it happens, before clicking back to normal mode, but it didn't undo the checkbox for DAW mode. But great suggestion. Thanks.
You are not the only one. I helped two recently with the same problem. I wonder if there is some new reason causing people to click on the DAW Plugin icon?
Originally Posted By: Matt Finley
You are not the only one. I helped two recently with the same problem. I wonder if there is some new reason causing people to click on the DAW Plugin icon?

I believe it is due to the DAW VST Plugin. Folks may not realize that the BIAB DAW and the BIAB DAW VST Plugin are NOT the same.
That's probably right, Dan. We had a discussion anticipating exactly that.

DAW Plugin Mode is really DAW Easy File Transfer Mode, or some such.
I had exactly this problem, and stumbled upon the above solution, which worked for me.
© PG Music Forums