PG Music Home
Posted By: knight1 midi output problems - 01/22/21 10:21 PM
So with my older system this was all working fine. BIAB midi out to my external sound module. Upgraded computers and BIAB and I can't get past the piano test. BIAB does not use the midi out. That is the way I see it anyway. Anyone out there have some fixes.

Windows 7 Pro, and BIAB 2021
Posted By: Noel96 Re: midi output problems - 01/22/21 10:43 PM
Hi Knight,

Just to help clarify the problem...

1) What version of BIAB were you using before?

2) Are you running a MIDI-only style (all instruments will be yellow coloured in the mixer: except drums, possibly) or a Realstyle (the mixers shows all names in green)?

Regards,
Noel
Posted By: Tony Wright Re: midi output problems - 01/23/21 12:27 PM
I am I the middle of trying to solve a problem with Andrew in PG tech support that may or may not be related. I use an external synth (Roland SD-50) and 2021 will not play at all when using an "all midi style" including drums. Songs that I created 20 years ago will now not play with 2021 unless there is at least one Real track in the style. Using a software synth is OK.

Tony
Posted By: Mike Head Re: midi output problems - 01/23/21 01:56 PM
Hi Tony

Not that it helps your problem but, both the 64 and 32 bit versions of BIAB 2021 build 814, play all midi style mgu file through my Yamaha CVP 405 used as an external synth.
Mike
Posted By: knight1 Re: midi output problems - 01/23/21 11:34 PM
only midi with BIAB 12 That is how old that system was,

Now I'm running real tracks only
Posted By: knight1 Re: midi output problems - 02/01/21 01:43 PM
OK the latest update 818 did not work. Anybody out there have any solutions to this midi driver problem in windows?
Posted By: rharv Re: midi output problems - 02/01/21 08:59 PM
To me it sounds like your MIDI Device is either not configured correctly, or has stopped working via the physical connections.

A. How is the SD-50 connected to the computer?
B. is the above device the same that is selected in BiaB MIDI Device window (Options-Prefs)?
C. Is the 'Reroute ALL MIDI to the default DXi synth' enabled? If so, MIDI won't get sent to the SD-50, it gets sent to the softsynth instead.

Next, is there a way to see if the SD-50 is indeed receiving the MIDI data and you are just not hearing it?
Have you tried plugging headphones directly in to the SD-50 headphone output?
If you hear sound there, the problem is getting that audio back to your current preferred monitoring system and shows the SD-50 is receiving the MIDI signal.
Posted By: Jim Fogle Re: midi output problems - 02/01/21 10:46 PM
Do you have any frozen (indicated by a blue snowflake in the mixer) tracks? If so click on the blue snowflake to make it change to a gray color and unfreeze the track.

Some people have reported freezing one or more tracks causes midi to not work correctly.
Posted By: knight1 Re: midi output problems - 02/02/21 03:34 PM
The SD 2 box is connected through a USB EM-U USB to Midi cable. This all works and is selected in the midi options page. I get to the piano test section and that works I get sound from that but when I go to play a .sgu file no sound.
Posted By: Andrew - PG Music Re: midi output problems - 02/02/21 04:17 PM
Can you post a screenshot of your MIDI Drivers dialog in Band-in-a-Box? You can use the File Manager to attach an image to your reply. Or, if you prefer, just list all of the settings you have in there. Also, make sure that your MIDI OUT is connected to the MIDI IN on your module.
Posted By: knight1 Re: midi output problems - 02/02/21 08:33 PM
Hi Andrew,

I have been working with Dave on this issue as well. I get to the point in the wizard for the piano test that works just fine. BIAB files do not

Attached File
20210123_075956[1].jpg  (7 downloads)
Posted By: PianoPete Re: midi output problems - 02/24/21 06:01 PM
It looks like the MIDI output only get routed to the software synth, not the external MIDI.
© PG Music Forums