PG Music Home
Posted By: Lans Mick chord changes not happening - 02/05/21 07:39 PM
Hi. I've had occasions where the chord hasn't changed, to the next one, but then it's cured by a regeneration. What I can't figure out now is why all my 6th chords are being played as maj7's! What's happening? Updates? It worked before.
Posted By: Noel96 Re: chord changes not happening - 02/05/21 07:45 PM
Hi Lans,

Welcome to the forums.

As you've discovered, it's necessary to regenerate before changes kick in. This is standard BIAB behaviour.

In relation to you 6th chords...

By default, BIAB is set to interpret chords and to look at alternative progressions. To disable the program from doing this...

1. right click on the chordsheet

2. select "Song Settings"

3. activate "Force song to simple arrangement" -- this tells BIAB to play the chord as written.

4. disable "Natural Arrangement" -- this is what gives BIAB the power to interpret chords.

Hopes this helps,
Noel

Attached picture chord substitutions.JPG
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: chord changes not happening - 02/05/21 08:01 PM
Hi, and welcome to the forum.

EDIT: Noel has given some good tips.

Could you do a few things so we can help?

What version of BIAB is this, and what Build number (these are found in Help, About).

Can you post the song? Use the File Manager below. [I have been cautioned that this might not work until you have made more posts]

OR

Describe your song as best you can. What style? What tempo? Name some of the chord progressions that do not sound right so we can try to reproduce it.

OR

post the song on Dropbox (free account) and give us a link to it.
© PG Music Forums