PG Music Home
Posted By: Keith from Oz Mixer - 02/08/21 04:31 AM
I'm having trouble getting my head around the new mixer controls.
What I want the mixer to show is the patch, followed by volume, pan, reverb etc.
It seems I can get one or the other, but not both.
How do I get it to show all?
Posted By: Keith from Oz Re: Mixer - 02/09/21 05:08 AM
Sorry, I should have added that I'm using BB2021 Build 822
Posted By: Noel96 Re: Mixer - 02/09/21 05:09 PM
Keith,

I'm guessing that you're in Full Screen view.

If that's the case, a couple of things might help.

1. Hover the mouse over the area shown by the red line on the image below, when the cursor changes to two vertical lines ||, left click and drag the mouse left. This will expand the size of the mixer.

2. Click on the control shown and the mixer will become a floating mixer.

Regards,
Noel

Attached picture floating mixer expand drag view 2021.JPG
Posted By: Keith from Oz Re: Mixer - 02/10/21 03:19 AM
Hi Noel,
Actually I'm Using the "Portrait" mode - with chord charts on the left and the Mixer in the top right and memos below the mixer.
I had it displaying correctly at one stage, but I can't seem to get it back.
Posted By: Keith from Oz Re: Mixer - 02/13/21 05:18 AM
This is what I'm trying to achieve.

Attached picture Mixer.jpg
Posted By: DrDan Re: Mixer - 02/13/21 12:45 PM
I also have totally LOST that image in the mixer. No matter what I click or what size I chose it is just not presented like that image above shows.

OK, I see the problem. Typical for BIAB... It is the Old GUI versus the New GUI. Or Old Full Size versus the New Reduced - what ever we have been calling it. I still us the Old Full size and the mixer menu it not showing the image we are tying to get. It is only in the New Reduced Size GUI. Don't know when this happened but it must have been recently.

Ugg cry

Attached picture Capture.JPG
Posted By: Keith from Oz Re: Mixer - 02/13/21 09:42 PM
Hi Dan,
I had it displaying as above, but for some reason it changed. I have BIAB21 on another computer and it displays as per the above graphic.
Weird.
Posted By: Noel96 Re: Mixer - 02/13/21 09:53 PM
Keith,

Following on from Dan's post...

Which view are you running BIAB in? CTRL+T will toggle between views.

Are you in (a) Standard View with all the BIAB icons shown like in earlier versions of BIAB or (b) Full Screen View with the icons reduced to a tool bar?

From what you've written about "Portrait" mode and memo, do you mean a setup something like the graphic below.

Regards,
Noel

Attached picture full screen mode 2021 small.jpg
Posted By: DrDan Re: Mixer - 02/13/21 11:11 PM
OK, you will all love this. Opened BIAB this evening and the mixer is now back and in proper shape again. I did nothing but close and open the program. This has got to be something which is intermittent.

Here it is as I like it.

Attached picture Capture1.JPG
Posted By: Keith from Oz Re: Mixer - 02/14/21 02:05 AM
Hi Noel,
Yes, I'm running as per your graphic, but I can get either "Mixer" (showing volumes, pan etc) or "Patches "which shows only the instruments. I can't get it to display both.
Posted By: Noel96 Re: Mixer - 02/14/21 10:21 AM
Keith,

As a test, can you please press CTRL+T to change to Standard View and then open the mixer. If the mixer is open, please close it and re-open it. Does the same problem persist in this view?

Regards,
Noel

Attached picture mixer on-off standard view.JPG
Posted By: Jim Fogle Re: Mixer - 02/14/21 04:56 PM
It's easy to loose the mixer. In the screen shots below, top is an embedded mixer, middle is floating mixer and bottom is no visible mixer. When you have the floating mixer, you can lose it by pressing the red "X" (2) to close the mixer window. You can press (1) to embed the mixer.

I didn't realize it until recently but there is a mixer button (3) that opens the mixer window.

Description: Embedded Mixer. Click on red square to float mixer.
Attached picture Clipboard01.png

Description: Floating Mixer. Press 1 to embed. Press 2 to close mixer. Press 3 to open mixer.
Attached picture Clipboard02.png

Description: Closed Mixer. No visible mixer.
Attached picture Clipboard03.png
Posted By: Keith from Oz Re: Mixer - 02/15/21 03:53 AM
Hi Noel, hi Jim,
Well, I've tried all of your suggestions, but to no avail. I still can't get it to display the way I want it to.
Noel:

As a test, can you please press CTRL+T to change to Standard View and then open the mixer. If the mixer is open, please close it and re-open it. Does the same problem persist in this view?

Regards,
Noel

Yes Noel, it still only shows either patches or volume/pan etc.

Jim;
I've tried every combination I can think of, but still can't get the right display.
The frustrating thing is that it displays correctly on my other computer, but it's not the one I use for BIAB (it's a desk top in the other room).
However, if (on the desktop) I toggle from "Mixer" to "Patches" on it, nothing changes.

I seem to think that it may be a sequence issue - i.e you have have to do things in a certain order. But I don't now how.

I wish someone from Support would jump in.

I appreciate your input - thank you!
Posted By: Noel96 Re: Mixer - 02/15/21 10:58 AM
Hi Keith,

In \bb\Preferences, there are three files that are updated each time BIAB is used. These are

INTRFACE.BBW
MySetup.DK
DEFAULT.ALI

Close BIAB on the computer that's not displaying properly.

Rename these three files on the computer that's not working properly. I usually add .OLD to the end of the files' names. This means that if ever I want to retrieve them, all I need to do is to remove the .OLD.

After renaming the files, start BIAB. Has this fixed the problem?

If it hasn't, close BIAB. Now go to bb\Preferences and delete the newly created INTRFACE.BBW and MySetup.DK.

Now copy these files from the computer that is working properly and put them in the other computer's \bb\preferences folder.

Start BIAB.

Any joy yet?

Regards,
Noel
Posted By: Jim Fogle Re: Mixer - 02/15/21 05:22 PM
The mixer has three settings.

Track height is set in the mixer settings. (Gear icon at the top of the mixer)

Track visibility is set by pressing the seeing eye icon.

Mixer width is set by dragging the edge of the mixer window left or right.

Attached picture Clipboard02.png
Attached picture Clipboard03.png
Attached picture Clipboard04.png
© PG Music Forums