PG Music Home
I've had this issue since installing BIAB/RB onto my Win 10 Desktop - Desktop has a clean install of Win10 and an SSD HDD - while this computer was in shop being updated after original HDD crash, I installed version 2021 on older Win 7 laptop. On that laptop, the completed install on drive C had 8,525 total styles.

Same install on the new computer shows 8,521 until I do the Rebuild Styles process. After rebuild, there's only 6,232 styles. This has been the issue with every build from 804 forward. I had other issues to attend to and am only now in a position to address the issue.

Checking "what add-on's do I have" displays 63 MIDI sets and 15 MIDI solo sets are not found.

My install has 2,289 missing MIDI styles.

Factory reset does not resolve the issue, nor does fast or slow rebuild.

I did do a re-install early on but that did not have any effect on the install.

Any ideas are appreciated.

Attached picture Screenshot 2021-02-08 192904.png
Charlie:

Just curious.
Are you getting your Style count from the top LH corner of the Style Picker window?
Mine shows 8565.

When I go to What Add Ons Do I Have, the "MIDI Styles sets [NOT found]"
shows "You have all of the MIDI Style disks (unless we've made some new ones)".

Can you not just copy the contents of the "Styles" folder from the old laptop
and paste them into that folder on the Desktop? You can get it to ignore the dupes.

Just a suggestion.
LLOYD S
Hi Lloyd. Yes that's where the number is prior to a rebuild on the Dell AIO. It only varies by 4 styles from the found styles on the Win 7 Laptop.

I'll likely follow your suggestion at some point but posted because I'm curious to any thoughts to why a normal install would 'skip' so many sets. There is the difference of installing the RealTracks folder and RealDrums folders on an external SSD HDD because I replaced the 1TB HDD of the AIO with a 250GB SSD but I don't see how to connect that to MIDI styles.

Thanks for the suggestion.
Hi Charlie, the MIDI styles are generally installed by the main BIAB installer when you're downloading BIAB. Are you installing BIAB from a download or do you have the external hard drive?
<< Are you installing BIAB from a download or do you have the external hard drive? >>

I installed from a download twice but I also have the external hard drive. I have not installed from it.
<< Can you not just copy the contents of the "Styles" folder from the old laptop
and paste them into that folder on the Desktop? >>

Yes. That's what I decided to do. Thanks for the suggestion.

I renamed the Styles folder on the AIO Win 10 machine to Styles Back up and copied the Styles folder from the Laptop Win 7 machine replacing the Styles folder on the AIO machine. I did a slow rebuild and BIAB 2021 now has the correct 8,525 Styles.
© PG Music Forums