PG Music Home
Posted By: Dzjang Build 822: Export as video, audio lags - 02/14/21 02:33 PM
The list of bugs goes on and on.

Did another full reset to factory settings, and... still lagging.
Posted By: Dean741 Re: Build 822: Export as video, audio lags - 02/18/21 12:11 PM
Hey, had the same issues recently.

Play around with the metronome count in, pre count bars, etc.

I can't remember what I changed, but I seemed to have found a combination that works.
My current settings are:
- Allow lead in bars (all songs)
- Play lead in even if intro present

- 1 bar lead in, not ticked

- Lead in type: 2 bars a pattern
- Audible lead in, vol 64 (side stick, 1 3, 1234)

Good luck...

(Agreed, it's very buggy, I almost wish I hadn't updated. But with patience and frequent restarts, and saving frequently, it's workable. Also, freezing all tracks when possible seems to help.)
Posted By: Dzjang Re: Build 822: Export as video, audio lags - 02/20/21 02:23 PM
That’s great!

And is workable till pgmusic fixes it.

Thx a lot
Posted By: Lloyd S Re: Build 822: Export as video, audio lags - 02/21/21 11:28 AM
Thanks for the info Dean.
I reported this to Support a week or so ago, and also sent them a sample.
They asked for my PC specs which I sent, but have heard nothing more.

LLOYD S
Posted By: Dzjang Re: Build 822: Export as video, audio lags - 02/22/21 03:04 AM
@Lloyd S: same here. Sent to support. Got a “try reset...” mail back with a straight denial: “strange behavior we haven’t witnessed yet”. I replied about having a performed a reset already a few times, and then silence since february 3rd.
Dzjang, I've tried it in my own BB with build 822 and it seems to work correctly for me. I have the lead-in disabled on my end, and although it still generates the lead-in for the video the timing does in fact work.

I did find that the lead-in in the video depends on what you have set for audio export - go to Audio > Export Song As Audio File, then click the checkbox for "Include 2 bar lead-in" to enable or disable it - perhaps changing that option will make the video work properly.
Posted By: Dzjang Re: Build 822: Export as video, audio lags - 02/23/21 02:02 PM
Hi Steven

Your settings do work, thx.

On the other hand
*It used to work just fine in vs 2018. So, thinking about it, this is a bug and the solution is a workaround.
*Having to set audio for a video is not without sense. But, audio settings should be included in the video dialog box if tweaking is expected.
*Nothing wrong with your settings. But, nothing wrong with mine, either. It’s just what you like and I like. That’s been nice in the past and reducing functionality in favor of one preferred setting would mean a step back.

I hope you don’t take this personally, cause your advice is just friendly advice. No offence taken whatsoever.
Some things that I have come to dislike over many years of using BIAB and the support you get
*With my settings, everything works just fine. Thing is, using different settings is no excuse. If you offer two options, both should do their job.
*Try Factory reset. Most users do that all the time.
*Straight denial: we have never seen this behavior before. Only when you produce video and audio, screen shots and all, someone might be willing to accept it’s maybe some or other bug.
*Support takes a very long time, discouraging users to report all the bugs they encounter. And they are many, just check my posts, support requests, videos etc... hidden VST dialog boxes, crashing notation if you have more than 8 staffs in the lead sheet window, midi devices that need clicking every time you start a new session, even if you use them every time, an amazing list of chords that the bass can’t play, a GUI and dialogue that is outdated and difficult to find your way around and lots and lots of others.

Finally, no matter how old. We learn every day.
I must say, exporting audio through the audio drop down menu is a function I haven’t ever used. I have been using BIAB since the nineties, that’s how old I am. And never, ever, have I used this command to save an audio file.

So, thx for the advice.

Attached picture EFC5FF5F-CB0C-4906-9E07-00C324CB743F.jpeg
Attached picture 91A9A089-5E8C-4F17-B000-6597786E973B.jpeg
Posted By: Lloyd S Re: Build 822: Export as video, audio lags - 02/23/21 02:19 PM
Dzjang:

Glad you at least found a workaround that works!
No such luck for me.
I tried your settings as shown in your screen captures,
I tried Dean's settings, I tried multiple combinations of enabling and disabling check boxes,
all to no avail.

I agree with you on the matter of the Audio Settings.
If that is the answer (if it works ALWAYS), then it should be shown in the "Make Chord Sheet Video" window.
The process should also be noted in the Help file for making a video, and a new video instruction demo made.

Hope PGMusic does some more work on it.
Luckily, I still have access to BIAB 2020 and it works fine there.

Thanks!
LLOYD S
Posted By: Dzjang Re: Build 822: Export as video, audio lags - 02/24/21 02:46 AM
@Lloyd S

Thanks for testing and for your comment on including necessary settings in the dialogue windows and help sections.

The new “test build” I got sent solves some issues. For the video, the test version still lags. Not that the video is two bars ahead of the audio, like it is in version 822. In the test version it is more like three quarters of a bar.

So, help is on its’ way
© PG Music Forums