PG Music Home
Posted By: Funkifized Notation output not working - 02/16/21 05:42 PM
In the Notation tool, the notes I put onto the staff don't play. Assuming that this is a MIDI Drivers issue, here is a shot of my MIDI Drive options. What am I missing?

Umm, let me explain better. As I'm entering them, they're not playing. They'll play once I Generate and Play. [img:center]https://photos.app.goo.gl/pFGTZnx8cYKZqGca7[/img]
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: Notation output not working - 02/16/21 06:10 PM
Which track are you using when adding the notes? It should be the melodist or soloist track, and needs to have a MIDI instrument patch applied (the track color should be yellow). Can you check those items?
Posted By: Simon - PG Music Re: Notation output not working - 02/16/21 08:24 PM
Yeah, there doesn't seem to be anything wrong with your MIDI settings, assuming you're able to play MIDI in BIAB. Most likely it's as VideoTrack says - the track needs to be a MIDI track, and cannot be a RealTrack.

VideoTrack - MIDI data can be notated on any MIDI track, doesn't have to be the Soloist or Melody tracks, though you're right that this has generally been the place to put them in the past. It can even be on the new Utility Tracks now.
Posted By: Funkifized Re: Notation output not working - 02/16/21 09:51 PM
Melody track. It's in yellow, but note is changed to "Guitar 2", I guess because of the MIDI intrument. There's a "click" when I enter the note, but no note.
© PG Music Forums