PG Music Home
I just did a fresh install of BIAB and after adding several new VST plugin paths I set BIAB to scan for plugins upon start. Unfortunately, as soon as BIAB starts, it tries scanning for plugins but gets about to 50% when it freezes and crashes.

Restart BIAB, and it does the same thing again. How do I get BIAB running again?

Thanks.
It sounds like BIAB might be trying to load a plugin and it cannot get past it because the plugin is incompatible with BIAB.

In the \bb\DX folder, there are a few plugin text files, these can be opened using Notepad and viewed. This might give some information.

Also, in \bb\Preferences, the list of DX and DXi plugins is stored in .ini files. These are text files and can also be opened in Notepad. This information is gathered from Windows registry (I think, but I'm not sure.)

If you want to stop BIAB recognising a file and force it to create a new one, put .OLD (e.g. DXiPluginList.ini.OLD) at the end of the file name. This keeps the file so that it can easily be set back into operation by removing the .OLD.

Before doing any of the above though...

It's possible to reset BIAB back to factory settings when the program is closed. To do this, in \bb\Preferences add .OLD to MySetUp.DK (e.g. MySetUp.DK.OLD) and INTRFACE.BBW (INTRFACE.BBW.OLD). Whether it's upper or lower case doesn't matter.

Doing the above forces BIAB to create new versions of the above files and settings are returned to factory settings.

Hope this helps.
Noel
Thank you Noel. Seems I got BIAB to stop scanning by alternately hitting [ESC] and Ctrl+BREAK.

Appears that it's just a few VSTs giving BIAB trouble:

WaveShell-VST 9.7_x64.dll
WaveShell1-VST 11.0_x64.dll
WaveShell1-VST 12.6_x64.dll
WaveShell2-VST 12.0_x64.dll
WaveShell2-VST 12.1_x64.dll
BIAS Pedal_x64.dll
BIAS_AMP2_x64.dll
BIAS FX 2_x64.dll
DD Delay.dll

I know WaveShell gives REAPER trouble too. That said, my Waves VSTs seem to be available BIAB, so I'm not sure what's going on. I think I've got what I need to proceed. Thanks for the great product and support!
© PG Music Forums