PG Music Home
Hi all,

I would be interested, how you make use of midi files working with Biab. In would think Biab is better than a DAW to play along with midi files and maybe try stuff with reducing tracks and adding styles for an inspiration.

Are you getting any pleasure of this integration - or in another way when working with midi files?

Thanks for your insights :-)

Cheers
Stefan
BAIB is not a midi player (... better said, it not a good midi player). Having said that I have to admit I have never found a simple and good midi player program (has to allow VST plugs) as a standalone. So I go to my DAW when ever needed. But it seems you want to have BIAB play along. So the answer is simple - the BIAB-VSTi. Put the midi on one track in your DAW and on another track put the BIAB-VST and you are good to go. BTW, I use Reaper.
Understood.

That´s pretty straight forward Dan.
I am thinking a little Biab centric. But I am perfectly understanding your point.
That means I have to leave such nice training functionality like Conductor window for practising and other stuff behind.
Hmmm....

Thanks for your quick response.

Any more perspectives on does this close the box ..... ;-)

Cheers
Stefan
Hi Stefan,

I agree with Dan. The BIAB-VST in Reaper would be great. There's also Realband that is good at this, as well.

In BIAB: If one uses "File | Open Special" to load a MIDI, it's possible to put individual MIDI tracks on BIAB's new Utility Tracks. This is a much cleaner way of working with MIDI and BIAB than in the past.

I suggest you try the various options and see which one(s) appeal.

Regards,
Noel
i always use RB to open midi files - it populates the chord chart automatically and that means adding extra tracks is easy

it also presents the midi easily visible on separate tracks - which is more transparent than BIAB
I agree Bob and do the same.
So you guys came to the same conclusion.

Thanks for your input.

Cheers

Stefan
So you can't import a midi file to BIAB and get the chords *plus* putting the midi tracks on the utility tracks

I can do either but not both....

Cheers,
Pete
I use BiaB to help me to create MIDI files.

I use BiaB as an auto accompaniment app. Then when I've massaged them as much as I can in BiaB I export the MIDI file, import into a DAW, and finish the work there.

More complete details here:
http://www.nortonmusic.com/backing_tracks.html

Insights and incites by Notes
Thx Bob for sharing your setup.
I like your attitude :-)

Keep on playing....

Cheers Stefan
© PG Music Forums