PG Music Home
Where is the option for Cut Time (AKA 2/2 Time) in Biab Windows 2021?
I'll take a crack at this one. I believe the best you can do is switch from 4/4 to 2/4 by using F5 at the selected beginning bar and then returning to original time using F5 again at a later bar (e.g., first and last bar) if you want the whole song with two beats per measure.

In v2021 BIAB now shows the time count when you make these changes. Or maybe someone will come with a better answer.

Well Come to the Forum.

And per Matt..
Quote:
"...In BIAB, you will still have a cell with two halves of the cell, and you can still enter a chord in the right-hand half. but if you change to 2/4, anything in the second half of the cell will not play. It will be greyed out until you go back to 4/4."

Dan

Attached picture Capture.JPG
I think my quoted advice above is not for your question. It would help if we knew what song and style you are working with, but with BIAB 2021 (not earlier) you can write a song in 4/4 but VIEW it in 2/4. You can also select half or double-time when you choose RealTracks or RealDrums. Tell us more and we can help more. If you tell us the genre, you will catch the eye of someone who is fluent. For example, I can help with Bossa and samba.
Matt, I was actually thinking that was going to be his next question grin.
The cut time option is on the toolbar on the notation window.
And you’re right, the time sig is 2/2. That scares people <g> so we’ve switched to using the cut time symbol which is a C with a vertical line “cutting” it down the middle.

An example of cut time would be displaying a samba at tempo of 90 in notation (as if the tempo was 180 in 4/4 but using 8ths notes) All this just applies to notation the sound of the music is not changed.

But people prefer to read 8th notes than 16th notes, and people realized that in the 17th century. So all types of music that are played with 16th notes (around a tempo of 90) like samba or bluegrass are typically written in “cut time” which writes them using 8th notes so they are easier to read. Remember that the tempo doesn’t change and it is still typically about 90, not 180 as it would be if it were 8th notes,
Thank you, Peter, for the explanation and for adding this feature in BIAB 2021.
© PG Music Forums