PG Music Home
In Style Picker, is there a way to bookmark or whatever so I can return to the last style chosen in the styles list?

(It always goes to the top of the list, and I have to scroll down through multiple pages on the list to get to the next style.)

Appreciate any help you can give.
-Tom
Posted By: DrDan Re: Style Picker; return to last style chosen? - 03/06/21 08:23 PM
I wish I had a nickel for every time I wanted this feature. grin
Ditto.
Clicking on the RHS of the split Style Selector button gives you Recently Used Styles option, as well as Favorites option. Does that help?

Attached picture 2021-03-07_14-17-06.jpg
Actually, I am not seeking recent styles I have tried... rather I was looking for a way to easily go to the next style on the Style Picker list without starting again from the top.
Originally Posted By: tomcadman
Actually, I am not seeking recent styles I have tried... rather I was looking for a way to easily go to the next style on the Style Picker list without starting again from the top.

The 'Load Next Style (alphabetically)' sort of does that, but that is from outside the Style Picker, which unfortunately is modal. I'm not suggesting this resolves your issue for a moment, just looking at options.

Attached picture 2021-03-07_15-29-31.jpg
Maybe it's time to head for the Wish List section?
Hey Guys,

Try this... goto style menu and at the bottom next to rebuild is a button ACTION click on this and then select set dialog options then in the show current style in the list even if it doesn't match the filter set as ALWAYS

That should do the trick.

Regards

George

PS I am using 2021 with latest update 825
George, thanx, I didn't know that.
Posted By: DrDan Re: Style Picker; return to last style chosen? - 03/07/21 12:58 PM
Originally Posted By: MarioD

Ditto. I am not exactly sure what that will do, but I went and found it and set it as advised.
Lets see what happens... grin
Originally Posted By: MusicStudent
Originally Posted By: MarioD

Ditto. I am not exactly sure what that will do, but I went and found it and set it as advised.
Lets see what happens... grin

If or when you go back to the style window your last selected style is still highlighted.
I found that frustrating. I've recently started cutting and pasting the style-name. Cut and paste also allows me to audition several styles and quickly get back to the ones I prefer.
This is a good idea tomcadman. And there are some good suggested workarounds in this thread! Since this exact feature is not part of Band-in-a-Box, as of yet, this would be a good suggestion to post in our wishlist forums.
Yes, place it in the Wish List and I'll definitely give it my support.
That's a great tip there George! Thanks!

Jeff
Originally Posted By: George Nelson
Try this... goto style menu and at the bottom next to rebuild is a button ACTION click on this and then select set dialog options then in the show current style in the list even if it doesn't match the filter set as ALWAYS

Beautiful! Thanks George! -Tom
[quote=George Nelson]Hey Guys,

Hi

I've tried George's suggestion but it hasn't taken me back to the style I'd just used. The style's there in the list but I still have to scroll all the way down to find it.

Any suggestions?
Seconds after posting that I've come across the answer. When I went back into stylepicker after auditioning a style, I pressed Refresh (top centre) and it took me down to that style. Perfect!
Originally Posted By: andywilson
Seconds after posting that I've come across the answer. When I went back into stylepicker after auditioning a style, I pressed Refresh (top centre) and it took me down to that style. Perfect!

thank you. Hope to be useful to future friends.
In addition, after testing, this method is temporarily invalid in BB VST

Attached picture 2021-12-11_072607.jpg
© PG Music Forums