PG Music Home
Posted By: Rob4580 setup external midi device ? - 03/13/21 07:18 PM
Can someone please point me in the right direction?
I want to set up an external midi device.
Thank you in advance. Rob4580
Posted By: Rob4580 Re: setup external midi device ? - 03/13/21 07:40 PM
I have set up an external midi device.
I cant hear any audio.
Posted By: MarioD Re: setup external midi device ? - 03/13/21 08:37 PM
Originally Posted By: Rob4580
I have set up an external midi device.
I cant hear any audio.

Do you have audio cables running from your external MIDI device's, it would be nice to know which device you have, audio outputs to your computer audio inputs?
Please go to Options | MIDI/Audio Driver Setup. Make sure you have the correct input and output drivers selected. Click the VSTi/DXi Synth button and make sure CoyoteWT is selected. Then test if you can hear MIDI.
If you click the Run Driver Wizard button, it will open a new dialog and you can also try the Piano Test button at the bottom of this dialog.

Attached picture Audio_Run_Driver_Wizard.png
Posted By: PhillyJazz Re: setup external midi device ? - 03/15/21 01:08 PM
You should activity in the see the "Thru" channel in the mixer while you're playing. Options / MIDI/Audio needs to have the MIDI device selected (as MIDI in and OUT.) You have to ensure the MIDI device is correctly wired to the audio source (which in turn has to go out to some speakers. Recording can be a bit more challenging, as you have somehow mix the Internal sounds like RealTracks with the MIDI module back into the record input. This is why I love the MOTU 2 as it has a mix loopback that makes it easy to record "What U hear."

Posted By: Rob4580 Re: setup external midi device ? - 03/15/21 08:59 PM
My device is a Yamaha PSR E423-connects to my PC with a USB cable.
It works fine in my DAW studio one 5.
My external device - DigitaLKBD-1 is selected in both midi input and output.
When I use midi output driver wizard and select DigitaLKBD-1 then do the piano test I hear nothing
when I play the keyboard. When I click ok and leave and go back to output driver wizard
DigitaLKBD-1 is no longer selected but "use my internal soundcard sounds" is selected.
That is the issue I'm facing. Regards Rib
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: setup external midi device ? - 03/15/21 09:25 PM
Do you have this setting UN-Checked?
If it is checked it will use an internal MIDI synth (Vsti)

Attached picture 2021-03-16_11-23-58.jpg
Posted By: Rob4580 Re: setup external midi device ? - 03/15/21 09:56 PM
Hello VideoTrack.
That option is unchecked. Thanks for helping.
Rob
© PG Music Forums