PG Music Home
Hello all, @Peter Gannon & PGM guys

lately I learned to love the copy and paste feature of chords from the chord sheet.

Please consider the following idea. Let´s have a forum for promoting the sharing of chord charts, the ones we can create by marking all chords from our chord sheet in Biab and then share it (the songs without melodies) here among us users.

The existing feature of copying all the chords I have entered for a song (let´s say the tango Ole Quappa) and simply share it with you seems to me lika a very valuable, probably well sought after contribution for many, many of us. We could save lots of work by asking our musician colleagues if they already went through the work.

We could already do it today, but should we have an own forum for that? Wouldn´t it be usefull t have that separate from the error reporting/problem solving part of the forums?

I would expect a boost of activity in this forum?!
How does that sound for you?

We could then share the chords like this for example ......

Chords for Tango "Ole Quappa"

[Chords]
|a) Am| E7| E7| Am| Dm| Am| B7| E7|
| Am| E7| E7| Am| Dm| Am| E7| Am E7 Am /|
| F7| F7| E..dp| E..bd|
|b) E7| E7| Am| Am| E7| E7| Am| Am|
| Dm| Am| E7| Am E7 Am..d /|
|b) E7| E7| Am| Am| E7| E7| Am| Am|
| Dm| Am| E7| Am E7 Am..d /|
|a) F7| F7| E7| E7|
|a) A| A| A| A| A| E7| A| A|
| D| D Dm| A| A| E7| E7| A Dm| A E7 A Am|
|b) Am| E7| E7| Am| Dm| Am| B7| E7|
| Am| E7| E7| Am| Dm| Am| E7| Am E7 Am Am..b|
|a) F7| F7| E7| E7|
|a) A| A| A| A| A| E7| A| A|
| D| D Dm| A| A / D A|
|a) E7| E7| A Dm| A..|
|a) A|
[ChordsEnd]

Cheers Stefan
An idea for the wish list section of the forum pages.
I like that idea. I vote a big YES.

The only problem I see is what style to use with the chord sheet. That should be absolutely included in the post.
I will put it on the wish list

@jcland: I used this style with the my chord chart.

-Tango^1.STY Tango Style

Cheers
Stefan
if you google BIAB files you'll find loads of files created in BIAB which is one step on from chord charts.

you can change styles and do anything you like and the advantage is mosdt often they are the chords to songs you might like (often no melodies as that's copyright!)

i'm not sure how many people would download my original stuff just seeing the chord chart with no idea what the song is supposed to sound like.

and if i want the BIAB file for Hotel California - or any other song i might know - all i have to do is google it

have a look here

https://www.theguitarband.com/sgu-files-2/
Vote for the suggestion here.....

https://www.pgmusic.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Main=89255&Number=646834#Post646834

Cheers
Stefan
Hi Bob,

thanks for the hint to the google maschine.

You are right for our original stuff - that is not the interessting stuff (for others). But looking for some other not so "top chart" stuff - like well known Musette Walzes, Tango, other titles a little bit of the main stream apetite. I would think, that might be worth sharing. Or do you think, we will find that all in goolge?!

If so, yes, then this could be less relevant.

Thanks for your feeedback Bob!

Cheers
Stefan
Thanx Bob. I didn't know about that site.
Museeker,

Have you looked at the SongPicker?

Description: SongPicker Window. Song chords highlighted.
Attached picture Clipboard01.png
This site is good too:

https://bhs.minor9.com/
See Bob, you can teach old dogs a new trick.... ;-)
Sharing makes the world better :-)

The site you shared Marco is marvelous. Very well organized. Love it.
With Bobs tipp I googled and leeched the site http://www.mmissary.com/p21.htm

@Jim: Ok, so another way to copy the chords would be from the song picker. The main benefit I am looking for is getting something I don´t have an need not enter it myself if someone else did the work already. BTW, I think if we copy the chords from the lead sheet window, we get also the variation changes and repeats. That seems more to me than from the song picker window. Or not?

Cheers Stefan
© PG Music Forums