PG Music Home
Hello all!

I am working on a jazz waltz with _SLOWBAL.STY as the primary style. However, I am using orchestral strings for the Strings track only (_SLOWBAL.STY doesn't have Strings).

The problem is that I don't like the "a" section of this strings track and would like the "b" section to play for the entire song over both "a" and "b" sections.

My search for a solution has come up empty. Can anyone advise me and/or point me to a tutorial that addresses this?

Thanks,
Courtney
Originally Posted By: Courtney
Hello all!

I am working on a jazz waltz with _SLOWBAL.STY as the primary style. However, I am using orchestral strings for the Strings track only (_SLOWBAL.STY doesn't have Strings).

The problem is that I don't like the "a" section of this strings track and would like the "b" section to play for the entire song over both "a" and "b" sections.

My search for a solution has come up empty. Can anyone advise me and/or point me to a tutorial that addresses this?

Thanks,
Courtney

The easiest way to achieve this is the set everything to play the 'b' section and generate the song. Then freeze the Strings Track. Then set the song to your preferred sections as required ('a' or 'b'). Because the string tracks has been frozen, it won't be affected by further generations.
Thinking further, if you like your current 'overall' generation, freeze all tracks except the strings track, set everything to 'b' and generate the song which will then only generate the (unfrozen) strings track. Then freeze the strings track to keep it from updating.
That'll work... Many thanks! I appreciate your help and expertise. smile
© PG Music Forums