PG Music Home
When copying something to an ending (tag) of a song will result in the ending being added to the number of bars in a song.

E.g., I have a 32 bar song, with a 4 bar intro. I want to use the intro also as an outro. I copy bar 1 to 4 to bar 38.
Now the song will not any longer be 4+32= 36 bars long, but 40 bars long.

This also happens when I copy the intro to bar instead, to e.g. bar 42, thus skipping a whole line of (4) bars.
Is this problem constant, when copying to the “tag” of a song?

Tonnie
Firstly, what version (build) of BiaB are you using?

Secondly, what are your song settings as far as endings are concerned ( <Cntrl>-N )? If you adjust these to what you expect, does it resolve your issue?
My version is of course the latest, with the latest update.

My song settings are usually ready set (with the numbers of bars set), and a rudiment ending, using the "song settings", before I decide to enter an ending. Yet the ending will be added to the total number of bars, when using the copy tool.

Tonnie
Originally Posted By: tonnie
My version is of course the latest, with the latest update.

OK, it's established that you have the latest build, that's important to verify. I'm not sure what the issue might be. Others may know more.
I’ll have to try your experiment but I have always had trouble copying to a Tag.

Are you using Copy, From, To? I recall that if you have the number of choruses set to the default value of 3, then the target bar number must be in chorus 3.

Probably build 827?

Could you list the exact steps so we can try to duplicate the problem?
I am not sure this is a "flaw", but rather just the way it works. If you use a tag ending you have to specify elements within the structure of the song. Then if you change the structure by adding new bars, you have to redo the tag ending to account for these new elements.
© PG Music Forums