PG Music Home
Posted By: ak25 BIAB 2020 reinstallation problems - 03/31/21 02:41 PM
I have BIAB 20 installed on one of my PCs with the program installed on the C drive but all of the Tracks and drums etc out on a network drive which has worked flawlessly since I installed it.

I decided to take advantage of my additional installations and put BIAB on the main media PC in the lounge.

I downloaded the program installer and the 4 packs which PG music help told me I had to download manually.

Then after running the installer, updating and adding the add on packs I refreshed/rebuilt the styles list and in options/preferences I changed the RealTracks to a custom directory expecting BIAB to recognise the styles on the next rebuild.

Hmmmm, nothing! All the tracks are missing from Xtra Pack 9 and a few others

I asked PG tech help and they said I had done it correctly and there shouldn't be any need to download everything again.

I checked/double checked and rebuilt again - still no RealTracks for the styles.

So, I decided to try the download manager route to see if that helped. I restored the file locations to their originals and set the downloads off - 102GB later and the installer kicked in. I went to bed thinking it would all be sorted by the morning.

I checked the download manager and it confirmed all the downloads had indeed been installed. I opened BIAB, rebuilt the styles - back to square one. Still missing all the realtracks relating to pack 9.

I reinstalled everything again, this time on a 'new' drive - same procedure, same downloads, same end result.

I tried comparing/syncing the folders using Beyond Compare and my existing working install as reference. That found loads of missing files and copied them across - another rebuild and still no Tracks for pack 9

Another chat with support today and I was just going over the same old stuff with the same old results

I'm bored with this and run out of ideas......any thoughts?
Hi ak25, can you check the screenshot I attached and make sure your install folders are set to the right drive?

Next, can you go to Options > Preferences > Realtracks, and make sure the Realtrack folder is set to the same place as the install folder, then do the same under Options > Preferences > Realdrums?

See if this gets it working. If not, can you go to the Help menu in Band-in-a-Box and choose What Add-ons Do I Have, then tell me what's listed in all of the sections in the bottom half of the window under These Add-ons Are Not Found?

Attached picture dl.png
Attached picture Realtracks Folder Win.png
Attached picture RealDrums Folder Win.png
Posted By: ak25 Re: BIAB 2020 reinstallation problems - 04/01/21 10:29 AM
having repeated the procedure again last night - this time onto a spare SSD and it all seems to work.

With the exception of one of the demo vocal tracks being corrupt and not wanting to install - I can deal with that if it ever becomes an issue smile

It's weird, each time I have followed exactly the same procedure and each time it has generated different results.

So, thanks for your rapid response but I'm all sorted
Glad to hear you're up and running! Please let us know if you have further difficulties.
© PG Music Forums