PG Music Home
Instead of highlighting the current measure, it highlights the next one.

I reinstalled BIAB but the problem persists.

BIAB 2019 running on Windows 10.

Any thoughts on this?

Ed
Hmm. It’s hard for most of us to try to duplicate this on the older version. I assume you’ve installed the latest build available for that version.

Give PG Music Support a call.
Hi riddlereader! Have you tested if this is happening in just one song file or in all of your song projects?

As mentioned before, make sure that you have the latest build update installed for the 2019 version. You can find it here: https://www.pgmusic.com/support_windowsupdates.htm#644

Then, try going to Options | Return to Factory Settings, and see if the notes are highlighting properly.

If that doesn't resolve the issue, please close Band-in-a-Box, go to your bb folder (usually c:\bb\preferences), and delete the following two files:
Mysetup.dk
intrface.bbw

Next, please right click on your Band-in-a-Box shortcut and select Properties | Compatibility | check "Run program as administrator" and click apply. Then just double click on your Band-in-a-Box icon to launch the program and test your song.
Well, he did a reinstall, the ultimate return to factory settings.

Your first and last paragraphs are interesting suggestions. Have you seen that a corrupt song file could do this? I haven’t heard this complaint before. Nor has running as Administrator been connected with something like this. But let’s hope you are right.
Factory settings fixed it!

Thanks,

Ed
Originally Posted By: Matt Finley
Well, he did a reinstall, the ultimate return to factory settings.

Apparently not. grin
Settings are saved into files inside of the Preferences folder. If you are re-installing over top of your previous Band-in-a-Box, these files can still be preserved. So it is best to try a Return to Factory settings, and/or deleting these specific files. And it sounds like that's what did the trick!
Very good! That’s helpful to know that preferences are not overridden by a reinstall. This explains other cases where a reinstall did not fix the problem.
Yes, I noticed after I did the uninstall, there were still folders intact on the C drive associated with BIAB.

Thanks again.

Ed
© PG Music Forums