PG Music Home
Posted By: joden code for the PG Music font symbols - 04/07/21 07:05 PM
Is there a code list for entering various music symbols using the PG Fonts?

For example one I am trying to find is the -/- symbol (repeat a chord in the following measure) which is IN the font as I looked in Windows fonts, but none of the keys correspond to it. Which leads me to think there must be a code number to enter perhaps?
Posted By: joden Re: code for the PG Music font symbols - 04/07/21 10:18 PM
No-one? Or is it no-one understands the question?
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: code for the PG Music font symbols - 04/07/21 11:27 PM
Originally Posted By: joden
No-one? Or is it no-one understands the question?

I understand the question, but it may be an 'internals' issue that only the program knows how to generate. Let me try...
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: code for the PG Music font symbols - 04/07/21 11:56 PM
...OK, I'm back

The Font is PGMusicF

The code for creating the Unicode "bar repeat" symbol is <Alt>0213

First: NUM LOCK must be on, and you must use the number-pad keys to type the character value.

Position the insertion point where you want the character to be inserted and Hold down the ALT key while you type the four number Unicode value for the character.

Attached picture 2021-04-08_12-54-43.jpg
Posted By: joden Re: code for the PG Music font symbols - 04/08/21 02:14 AM
Excellent thanks! That will help greatly....btw I only made comment re understanding so I could re-word it if necessary.
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: code for the PG Music font symbols - 04/08/21 04:48 AM
All good. Let us know how it works out.
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: code for the PG Music font symbols - 04/08/21 09:33 AM
That’s a really smart solution. I wonder if there are other unused characters contained in the font that would be helpful in BIAB.

Trevor, consider posting your tip in the Tips & Tricks Forum.
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: code for the PG Music font symbols - 04/08/21 09:37 AM
Thanks Matt

Good idea.
I might put together a more detailed step by step guide on viewing all of the font internals and determining their codes. Give a a few days.
Hi all, if you type "Character Map" into the start menu, the Character Map program can show you every symbol in the PG fonts (and every other font) that you can then select and copy/paste.
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: code for the PG Music font symbols - 04/08/21 04:42 PM
Nice, Simon.
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: code for the PG Music font symbols - 04/11/21 06:06 PM
Originally Posted By: Matt Finley
That’s a really smart solution. I wonder if there are other unused characters contained in the font that would be helpful in BIAB.

Trevor, consider posting your tip in the Tips & Tricks Forum.

Hi Matt. Done.
© PG Music Forums