PG Music Home
I have a substantial library of commercial loops, made by companies like Prime Loops, Loopmasters, etc.

However, I fail to import them to BIAB, hoping that they will be transformed into usable loops in BIAB. I mean, when I put these loops in BIAB folder, there is no change. The chords just stay the same, and nothing magic happen.

Does anyone succeed in this task? Could you pls advise?

Thank you
Originally Posted By: jmorgan
...However, I fail to import them to BIAB, hoping that they will be transformed into usable loops in BIAB. I mean, when I put these loops in BIAB folder, there is no change. The chords just stay the same, and nothing magic happen.

Can you please advise a little bit more information.

1: Which BIAB folder do you put them into?
2: Do you undertake any user actions to try to load the loops into your song? If so, how?
3: What Style are you using, and how do you add the Loops tracks to your song?
4: Have you looked at this video, and does it assist?

Can anyone make sure that the Loops function really works? Thanks,
I've imported a folder of my wav loops to the bb\RealTracks\Loops folder but they are not showing in the Loops Picker dialogue.

ooops my fault I was pointing BIAB to the wrong folder, resolved.
Loops is a broad term that covers a variety of commercial products.
There are multiple types of commercial "loops":

• MIDI loops - typically intended for use with drum, percussion or bass patches
  • Samples - audio file anywhere from one beat to multiple bars in length.
  • Acidized loop - audio file with embedded beat, key signature and pitch data.

That is not a complete list.

But, in regards to the initial query, if you are loading commercial samples the program has no data to work with so it can change the sound to match all the other sounds.

Do you know if Apple loops will work with BIAB. Or only Acidized loops can work with BIAB?
Originally Posted By: fantasyvn
Do you know if Apple loops will work with BIAB. Or only Acidized loops can work with BIAB?

This would be a good question to ask in the Mac section for BiaB.

From what I have researched (Wikipedia): "The Apple Loops Utility software was a small companion utility for Soundtrack Pro, GarageBand, Logic Express, and Logic Pro, all made by Apple Inc. that allowed users to create loops of audio that could be time-stretched. Audio files converted to Apple Loops via Apple Loops Utility could also be tagged with their publishing."
fantasyvn,

What kind of loops are in the Band-in-a-Box loops folder on a Mac? Apple loops should work with Band-in-a-Box for Mac.

Apple loops likely will not work in Band-in-a-Box for Windows. The embedded data is different between Apple loops and Acidized wave files.
Originally Posted By: jmorgan
I have a substantial library of commercial loops, made by companies like Prime Loops, Loopmasters, etc.

However, I fail to import them to BIAB, hoping that they will be transformed into usable loops in BIAB. I mean, when I put these loops in BIAB folder, there is no change. The chords just stay the same, and nothing magic happen.

Does anyone succeed in this task? Could you pls advise?

Thank you

Hi Jmorgan, did you select the "Transpose" checkbox when adding the loop to BIAB? We have a tutorial on using Loops here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_UkZxEwYZwY

In addition, the program manual can help too - just search for the page on Adding Loops.

https://www.pgmusic.com/manuals/index.htm

Originally Posted By: fantasyvn

Both will work with the Mac version of BIAB. From the manual:

Quote:
You can add your own or 3rd party loops to any track. Loops are audio files (WAV/AIFF/CAF/MP3/MP4/WMA) that reside in Loops folder (/Applications/Band-in-a-Box/RealTracks/Loops). You can add your own files to this folder. A file with metadata is supported. This happens automatically, and more fields (tempo, # of beats, and root note) are recognized from certain audio files (Acidized WAV or AIFF with Apple® Loop).

The Windows version does not support Apple Loops.
Simon,

Will Apple loops work with Windows BiaB and Acidized waves work with Mac BiaB? If so, is that tested or assumed?

Most users use either one operating system or the other but not both so it is difficult to test.

Apple loops on Windows BIAB?

- no, just work on Mac. fwiw) I don’t think Apple loops are that popular on Mac.

ACID loops on Mac BIAB ?

- Yes, ACID loops (wav) works on Windows and Mac BIAB,
Dr. Gannon,

Thank you for your answer. Any possibility the section of the Mac and Windows user manuals Simon quoted can be updated to more accurately reflect what type of loops works with each version?
Hi Jim, the manual doesn't need an update. The Windows manual only mentions Acidized Wav/MP3, and the Mac version mentions both Apple Loops and Acidized Wav.

I initially read only the Mac manual since Apple Loops were brought up, forgetting I was in the Windows forum. I've edited my response above to keep the information correct.
© PG Music Forums