PG Music Home
Posted By: MovingAir New pinned topic: Style finder? - 04/26/21 02:30 PM
Maybe something like this exists already and I haven't seen it, but it would be great to have a section where people who are looking for a certain style could get some assistance. Not like an artist or song, but for example, I am looking for styles in that 140 BPM range that have a half time verse (snare on 3) but a straight chorus (snare on 2 and 4). I know I can audition everything from 130-150 and then 60-90, but when it comes to finding styles with halftime, standard, and double-time beats, there's no clear way to know.

So maybe have a page where you can ask people who know the styles better and can answer a question like that. Would it be faster? No. Would it be less frustrating? Possibly.

Food for thought.
Posted By: Joseph Land Re: New pinned topic: Style finder? - 04/26/21 02:41 PM
I am not saying this does not exist, but we have been asking for this for a long time and it has never happened.

The current way of finding a suitable style via the software interface is lacking quite a lot. The main reason it fails for me is that I have to rely on what PG Music says is the best suitable style I am looking for via a pre-made database.

It would be much better if the end users, meaning us, could give our input to anyone who is looking for advice on choosing the best style in a given scenario.

It is not a big deal for the web designer to add this in to the forum and be done with it.

These are my thoughts.
Posted By: Jim Fogle Re: New pinned topic: Style finder? - 04/26/21 04:21 PM
MovingAir,

Perhaps you can post your idea in the +++ Band-in-a-Box Wishlist +++ forum section. That will give more people the opportunity to view and discuss the idea.
Posted By: MovingAir Re: New pinned topic: Style finder? - 04/26/21 04:50 PM
I will do that. Thanks.
Posted By: Joseph Land Re: New pinned topic: Style finder? - 04/26/21 09:28 PM
Jim. I've done that before and it went nowhere. Perhaps someone else may have more success then I did.
Posted By: Jim Fogle Re: New pinned topic: Style finder? - 04/27/21 03:34 PM
jcland,

Within the forum I am not aware of a better location to post,discuss and support user ideas than one of the forum Wishlist sections. If there is, I will gladly suggest that forum section. Where do you post your ideas?
Posted By: Joseph Land Re: New pinned topic: Style finder? - 04/27/21 11:46 PM
Jim.

I have been around BIAB since the days of floppy disks and I post any suggestions in the Wishlist forum. I am not a beginner. But I do know that PG Music has been un-responsive to my suggestions in the past and at other times they have been very responsive to my suggestions in the past. It just goes to show you that in my 73 years of being around, you can't win them all and you have to pick your battles.
Posted By: Jim Fogle Re: New pinned topic: Style finder? - 04/28/21 04:22 PM
jcland,

Thank you. I appreciate you responding to my question and clarifying your earlier response.
© PG Music Forums