PG Music Home
Posted By: GAJ52 How do I select a style for a song - 05/18/21 02:48 PM
I don't often use this feature but I want to select a style for Simon and Garfunkel's Sound of Silence. I go to Style Picker and in the top right I enter 'Sound of Silence' and double click on the only option available 'The Sound of Silence [Simon & Garfunkel] [Folk] [4/4 ev 16 110]' The top choice is 'Boom Chick Joe Solo Guitars'.

This sounds nothing like the accompaniment to Sound of Silence, or those that follow.

What am I doing wrong ?
The Familiar Song Title search bar is used to filter for Styles that have similar time signature, genre, tempo, etc. This way you can click the song title instead of selecting each of these filters individually on the left hand side of the Style Picker. The Styles that are listed in the search may not necessarily sound exactly like the familiar song title that you're using to filter.
Posted By: DrDan Re: How do I select a style for a song - 05/18/21 03:14 PM
I call an error in description. 'The Sound of Silence [Simon & Garfunkel] [Folk] [4/4 ev 16 110]' Should not be "ev 16". When I change to ev 8, this simple adjustment results in sounds which are much more like the title tune. Sing the tune and you hear a eight note beat (despite Paul's fancy finger picking), not sixteenth notes. At least that's what I hear. I think this will get you much better search results.

Attached picture Capture.JPG
Posted By: GAJ52 Re: How do I select a style for a song - 05/19/21 04:16 PM
Hi Chantelle

My mistake I wrongly thought the list of Styles was recommended for a song in order of preference starting from the top. Thanks for pointing this out, it now makes a lot more sense.

Dan

Many thanks for your advice, your right simply changing ev16 to ev8 makes a great deal of difference for the song in question.

Glen
Thanks Dan, I'll let the devs know about this one, perhaps they can change that entry in the familiar song browser to ev8.
Yup, the developers decided that ev8 better fit The Sound Of Silence, so that will be corrected in the next patch. Thanks all!
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: How do I select a style for a song - 05/22/21 08:19 AM
Thanks Simon, it's great to know that the developers are onto all of these reported issues and can resolve them quickly. Excellent.
© PG Music Forums