PG Music Home
Posted By: Mike sings BiaB remote app - 05/24/21 06:12 PM
I want to use the functionality of the BiaB remote app on an iPad in the same room where my main PC with BiaB 2021 on it is. Both iPad and PC are on the same network.
I can see the BiaB server on the app, I can connect to the server and I can even see the songs that are stored in the default folder. But apart from that I can't get the app to do anything....
I can load a song, but it doesn't show on the screen and it won't play when I click play.

Is the app discontinued or am I just doing something wrong?
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: BiaB remote app - 05/24/21 07:33 PM
I can't even get the app to show my server. First the app reported my version was old, so I downloaded and ran one last dated 2015. It still did not register. I don't even know if this utility works anymore.
Posted By: DebMurphy Re: BiaB remote app - 05/25/21 06:41 AM
I did not realize there was a BIAB remote. I have used the other product listed in the app store BUT found it easier to just make mp3s and play along (my goal) using them.

...Deb
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: BiaB remote app - 05/25/21 10:24 AM
Deb, you registered in 2017 and by then, there was no mention of this. I just thought I would find out what the story is.
Posted By: Gordon Scott Re: BiaB remote app - 05/25/21 11:48 AM
"BIAB Remote" is in the BIAB 2021 manual on page 374.
Posted By: DebMurphy Re: BiaB remote app - 05/25/21 03:03 PM
My earliest version was 2015. Took me a while to find the forums and how great everyone here is. :-)

And, yes, I saw that in the BIAB 2021 manual also.

...Deb
Posted By: Simon - PG Music Re: BiaB remote app - 05/25/21 04:25 PM
The BIAB Remote app does still work when using BIAB 2021 - I tested it myself just now. There are a couple issues though, since the server app hasn't been updated since 2015, but it does still function for me.

Mike - when you press play in the app it should play from your computer rather than from the iPhone/iPad. Is the sound on your computer turned up? Are you able to get sound from BIAB when using it normally? Also, which build version of BIAB are you using?
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: BiaB remote app - 05/25/21 06:12 PM
OK, now that I know it still exists and can work, I will make mine work. Thank you.
Posted By: Simon - PG Music Re: BiaB remote app - 05/26/21 02:30 PM
No worries Matt, we'll work on getting yours up and running as well.

Matt mentioned in his other forum thread that he has a VPN, which could cause all IP traffic to be routed through the tunnel, meaning the iPhone would be inaccessible. Matt - do you happen to have a VPN in use?
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: BiaB remote app - 05/26/21 02:57 PM
Yes, on both the browser on the desktop running the BIAB Server, and on my iPhone running the app.
Posted By: Simon - PG Music Re: BiaB remote app - 05/26/21 05:41 PM
... I meant to say: Mike - do you happen to have a VPN in use?

Sorry Matt, I must've been pre-caffeine when I wrote that initially.
Posted By: Ember - PG Music Re: BiaB remote app - 05/26/21 10:07 PM
We have a really handy tutorial that goes over the app and how to use it here: https://www.pgmusic.com/support.iphone.htm

It also has some troubleshooting at the bottom.
© PG Music Forums