PG Music Home
Posted By: jazzband Coyote forte - 12/23/09 04:30 PM
Hi

can you use Coyote forte in Vista as every time i try to enter the code it will not accept it, any ideas, thanks for your help

regards Dave
Posted By: Andrew - PG Music Re: Coyote forte - 12/23/09 05:35 PM
Hello Dave,

Yes, it works well on Vista. Are you sure you have the correct code?
Posted By: Beagle Re: Coyote forte - 12/23/09 06:01 PM
Dave - one thought. make sure you are running it in admin mode. you might have to right click on the program and select to run it as admin always or something like that.
Posted By: jford Re: Coyote forte - 12/23/09 06:04 PM
You can definitely run Coyote Forte in Vista; however, I have UAC off on my copy, so it's effectively in admin mode. Since you can't select it as a program (to run as admin), you might want to try uninstalling it, then reinstalling it, but before you install it, right click on the installation file and set it to run in admin mode. Then perform the installation.

Or, you might try turning off UAC temporarily, entering the license code, then turning UAC back on.

Just a thought.
Posted By: Rob Helms Re: Coyote forte - 12/23/09 06:41 PM
UAC = University of Alaska is Cold
Posted By: jazzband Re: Coyote forte - 12/24/09 10:43 AM
Hi
Thanks for the replys i have tried with out success and the activation code will not set,

Hi Andrew
i have downloaded a new forte and the code number is the one when i brought the original forte program 15 numbers in three sets of 5,thanks for your intrest

regards Dave
Posted By: jazzband Re: Coyote forte - 12/25/09 02:40 PM
Hi

Last night i completely took apart all the connections leads etc, and redid them unloaded and reloaded the program, reset all the settings reloaded the activation code with the UAC turned off, and it worked fine,how,i have no idea

i am quite impressed with the sounds better on vista then XP not as good as the SD2 but good enough, so thanks for everybodys suggestions somebody was right and i don`t think it was me now i must look for a good clarinet.gig which is the one sample im not keen on,i hope you all had a super Christmas day and i wish everybody a very musical new year

with best wishes Dave Hoskins

PS i have had a grammer and a dictionary volume as a present and it just fits under the piano to keep it level im amazed how people know what i need without me asking
Posted By: FirstBassman Re: Coyote forte - 12/25/09 09:49 PM

Hhhmmm......

This sounds like my problem too:

http://www.pgmusic.com/ubbthreads/showfl...ge=0#Post253341

A coincidence?

I'm running Windows 7. And the Registration Code has worked since November. Just started to stop working now.
Posted By: jazzband Re: Coyote forte - 12/25/09 11:44 PM
Hi

Im sorry i don`t have any idea what i did to get it working as vista seems to have a built in anti me and im not keen on it atall,one thing i have noticed is that for some reason a version of BIAB can have an affect on ones system and as all systems are different you can`t say why, mine was Version 10 and nothing seemed to work right atall and i was glad when ver 11 came out,one thing i remember was that every now and then the system hung up on a certain note and did not disappear untill PG brought out the next version no body else had this happern and we never found the reason but it vanished and a lot of these faults are just unlucky or my lack of computer know how

regards Dave Hoskins
Posted By: FirstBassman Re: Coyote forte - 12/26/09 09:05 PM

fyi: My situation has been corrected.

See:

http://www.pgmusic.com/ubbthreads/showfl...SID=#Post253776
Posted By: jazzband Re: Coyote forte - 12/27/09 11:05 AM
HI

Thanks for your replys and im glad you worked it out if you noticed thats the first thing Andrew asked if i had the right code number, which was right it was on the Email PG sent me,can you tell me one thing as a computer person who has much more knowledge then i have
on the cursor plate why does the cursor move with out me touching the plate it leaps from one side to the next with my finger hovering above, and when i am touching it, just lifting my finger off sends it in all directions sometimes it takes ages to move the cursor on to the spot i want it, i am going to get a USB mouse after christmas and see if thats better thanks

best wishes Dave
© PG Music Forums