PG Music Home
Posted By: RoyReddy Style Picker Filter and XPro styles - 06/16/21 05:37 PM
I have installed version 835c and it has changed the Set# to XPro1 - Nice&thanks

Missing
I was looking for the SytlePicker Filter/Other to provide a method to select the XPro series Did I miss it?

Something like the Other/ Show Xtra Styles Set Only[] wherein we choose which set
But the current list is limited to Xtra Styles Pak 1 - 11

If you intro a new Style Pak you want the Filter to support it.
I can imagine Other/ Show Xtra&XPro Styles Set Only[] wherein we choose which Set
Xtra Styles Pak 1 - 11 and XPro 1 thru ... future

thanks Roy
Toronto area, Ontario, Canada
Posted By: Joseph Land Re: Style Picker Filter and XPro styles - 06/16/21 05:58 PM
Currently you have to use the following to see only the XPro series

Style Picker - Category - Choose and Show User Category

Then you can pick to show all of the XPro styles or you can choose any of the 4 sub-categories.

It would be nice if it would also show up via Style Picker- Other - Show Xtra Style Set Only.

Perhaps in the next build.
With the new build you can just type in "XPro" into the StylePicker filter field and that will show them.
Posted By: RoyReddy Re: Style Picker Filter and XPro styles - 06/16/21 06:59 PM

Originally Posted By: jcland
Currently you have to use the following to see only the XPro series
Style Picker - Category - Choose and Show User Category
Then you can pick to show all of the XPro styles or you can choose any of the 4 sub-categories.

Originally Posted By: Andrew
With the new build you can just type in "XPro" into the StylePicker filter field and that will show them.

OK Right On!
These are both helpful work-arounds thanks
Build 835 has now been posted. After it's downloaded and installed over top of your Band-in-a-Box 2021, you'll be able to filter by keywords such as "XPro" , "Xtra" or "RT372". The names listed in the Set column will also better reflect these Style add-on PAKs.

https://www.pgmusic.com/support_windowsupdates.htm#835
Posted By: RoyReddy Re: Style Picker Filter and XPro styles - 06/18/21 11:32 PM
Andrew / Chantelle / JC thanks for the reply to my post
I am generally a happy user. Example Tonight was I building a backtrack and enjoying both the Style and Realtrack Instrument choices available. It allowed the creation of a song to suit specific interests.

v835 is an improvement in handling XPro styles, albeit with workarounds
but I need to express how I feel this is still broken.

Please Move XPro Styles under the Other Filter / Show Xtra&XPro Styles Set Only[]

useCase
Search for a style using Song Title and it fills in Category, TimeSig, Feel, Tempo [Ballad] [4/4 ev16 70] to help narrow the selection from #8850 to #350 style choices.
I just purcha$ed XPro1 and so I would like to hear these styles in this work.

1) One choice is to sort Desc by Date. >> OK several(6) Xpro come to the top

2) a suggestion here is use Filter String XPro >> OK (6) Xpro & (1) RT 289 are listed

3) another suggestion here is to use the Category to Show "User Category [XPro Styles]
>> now (14) Xpro are listed
but the Category Ballad is removed from the filter

If you could move the XPro style selection under the Other Filter I feel that this would be much more logical, not kludge the Category Filter, not overload the User Category mechanism and be more aligned with the other eleven Xtra Styles filters.

The What Addons function / [Optional Style Sets displays all of the Style Sets in a neat list with the XPro Styles PAK 1 at the bottom of the list.

Please Move XPro Styles under the Other Filter / Show Xtra&XPro Styles Set Only[]

RrR
Posted By: Joseph Land Re: Style Picker Filter and XPro styles - 06/19/21 09:12 AM
This is a great suggestion. That way all the XTRA and Xpro styles would be under a similar filter.

Since there are bound to be more released in the future, the list is going to grow.

Thumbs up on this.
Posted By: MarioD Re: Style Picker Filter and XPro styles - 06/19/21 10:44 AM
RrR, put this on the wish list forum. I'm sure that you will get many +1s.
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: Style Picker Filter and XPro styles - 06/19/21 11:54 AM
I supported that suggestion also. The Wishlist is a better place to get this noticed.
Thanks all, I'll send a report to the developers about this. I think they should be added into that particular filter menu as well.
© PG Music Forums