PG Music Home
My BiaB 2018 stutters at the beginning of the end of the songs. Can this be fixed? Thanks.
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: Stuttering at the end of the song - 07/17/21 01:19 AM
Well, I think we need to know a lot more about your setup.

Is this with every song?
Is this with songs that only use RealTracks?
Is this with songs that only use MIDI?

Does the stuttering effect play for every instrument in sequence or only some instruments?

Where is the beginning of the end of the songs? 1 bar before the end, 4 bars before the end?
Does the stuttering remain continuous for the duration of the end of the song or progressively get worse, better?

Can you create an audio file of the song and attach it here so we could review?

I think this will be related to the Audio setup on your computer. Which Audio Driver are you using (MME, ASIO, WAS)? (Options > MIDI/Audio Driver Setup).

Please also refer to this post which may assist.

Attached picture 2021-07-17_14-17-38.jpg
Ontop of the above, another thing that would be good to know is if you're using a laptop or a desktop as well. Some laptops may experience stuttering if their min processor state is set at 5%, which can be the default due to being on battery life and not wanting to overload the processor. If you are, you can always temporarily boost it while working in Band-in-a-Box and see if that corrects the issue, then turn it back down to 5% when not working on music.
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: Stuttering at the end of the song - 07/17/21 10:12 PM
About what Ember said, if you use AC power and it works, that will confirm a power setting change will help when you use the laptop on the battery.
Posted By: jazzerjbird Re: Stuttering at the end of the song - 07/17/21 10:18 PM
Att:VideoTrack:

Thanks for guidance. Here are the answers for your question:

The stuttering happens to every song that uses RealTrack,
only one instrument,
The beginning of the end of the song is a 2-bar after the song finishes,
The stuttering is in short duration at the beginning of the first bar of the 2-bar ending,
Sorry I don't know how to create an audio file of the song to attach here,
I use ASIO driver...
Thanks a million..from California
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: Stuttering at the end of the song - 07/17/21 11:21 PM
The use of the ASIO driver may be the clue here.

Two things to try:

1: Go to the ASIO Drivers Control Panel and change the ASIO Buffer Size. Note that it may not need to be increased. If it is high, decrease it and try again (see screen capture for steps - ignore the WAS, I am not using ASIO here).

2: Try switching to WAS or MME and see if that resolves.

Attached picture 2021-07-18_12-18-12.jpg
Posted By: jazzerjbird Re: Stuttering at the end of the song - 07/18/21 03:44 PM
Thanks, that did it!
I reduced the latency from 90 to your suggested 30.
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: Stuttering at the end of the song - 07/18/21 10:15 PM
Fantastic. Perhaps consider opening your original post and marking it as 'Resolved'. There's a button available for you to do that. This can assist others in the future also.
© PG Music Forums